What to expect when on tour

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After writing this story out for someone I realized. This would be a fantasic version of the Aristocrats joke.

And they called themselves "The Elitists!"

... until Mark Thurston came over and told me my balls were hanging out of my shorts because I had no underwear on...

Expect to hear a story mentioning one of your old instructors and saying "sounds like Mark".

- Do expect to fully experience "tour goggles"....if you dont know what that means.... you will

Tour Goggles....I laughed out loud! I totally forgot that one!

Here's mine:

Expect to be tired of it all during the last week of tour and to have no intentions of marching again, only to not be able to wait for the first camp of the next season.

Expect to be in awe of a corps you see warming up for a show, then in wonderment when you beat them.

Expect to get in shape by working your butt off, but loving it.

Expect to makes friends that last a lifetime.....because you will.

Expect to wish you had more pictures when you get home from tour. (So take more!....oh yea......and take some of yourself while skinny and tan, it may be your last chance :)

Expect to wish you budgeted your money better around the middle of July.

Word of advice for the lovelorn: Make friends with the cute guy/girl you see during winter camps. Picture them with a tan having lost 10-20 pounds. Girls have it easy, but guys really need to work at this (especially of you look like me)

Say hi to the cute ones from other corps after the show, especially if you have a bunch of shows with them. This is drumcorps people....everyone will say hello back.

Expect to be in awe of a corps you see warming up for a show, then in wonderment when you beat them.

Always :)

Always :)

All sounds good.

• 1 month later...

bump?