not starting trouble

Yes, I'm excited. I've only bought the DVDs from 2000 and 2003 from the current decade, and this looks to be another I might add. Can't wait for the quarterfinals broadcast. :)

Pick up 2001, you won't be disappointed. Not quite as solid as 2003, but better than 2000. :)

Edited by Maedhros

It's always nice to see a new corps make it up to "powerhouse corps" level. I wouldn't necessarily say this is a new thing for Phantom Regiment, though. They've been up there, at times, for decades.

It's tough, though, to see one of your favorite "powerhouse corps" fall from grace, so to speak.

These are the powerhouse corps to me:

1. Cavaliers

2. Blue Devils

3. Cadets

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Bluecoats (hope they can keep their level of intensity for years to come!)

7. And sometimes - Madison Scouts

...and in the near future I hope to see Carolina Crown up there too! And in the not too distant future I hope to see The Academy from Arizona there too! b**bs

A powerhouse corps always has a very unique identity that sets it apart from all the rest. They're also at a performance level that other corps just can't match. You can literally see and hear the difference between them and all other corps.

If you have SCV up there, you can likely add BK, Bosont and Crown as they are neck and neck. Especially since both Madison and Crown beat SCV last year.

If you have SCV up there, you can likely add BK, Bosont and Crown as they are neck and neck. Especially since both Madison and Crown beat SCV last year.

Perhaps, but one season does not a "powerhouse" make. :) You need consistency...year after year after year. And since, what, 1997? SCV has been in the Top 5 every year except last.

Perhaps, but one season does not a "powerhouse" make. :) You need consistency...year after year after year. And since, what, 1997? SCV has been in the Top 5 every year except last.

Well, and one also has to wonder if history counts at all. I mean, from the inception of DCI until 1990, Santa Clara placed first, second, or third every season except once.