not starting trouble

is anyone else excited to see 2 relatively new faces in the top 4. Mixing up the top but creating alot of interest and excitement. Not ment to bash on corps but i got tired of seeing SCV BD CADETS and CAVIES on top every year. Im genuinely excited about the championship spot for the first time in a long time. . . and who knows maybe there will be a "new" champion by 2010.

Edited by EuphCub

is anyone else excited to see 2 relatively new faces in the top 4. Mixing up the top but creating alot of interest and excitement. Not ment to bash on corps but i got tired of seeing SCV BD CADETS and CAVIES on top every year. Im genuinely excited about the championship spot for the first time in a long time. . . and who knows maybe there will be a "new" champion by 2010.

Yeah I am very excited. I think it is one of the best things that could happen to DCI

It's always nice to see a new corps make it up to "powerhouse corps" level. I wouldn't necessarily say this is a new thing for Phantom Regiment, though. They've been up there, at times, for decades.

It's tough, though, to see one of your favorite "powerhouse corps" fall from grace, so to speak.

These are the powerhouse corps to me:

1. Cavaliers

2. Blue Devils

3. Cadets

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Bluecoats (hope they can keep their level of intensity for years to come!)

7. And sometimes - Madison Scouts

...and in the near future I hope to see Carolina Crown up there too! And in the not too distant future I hope to see The Academy from Arizona there too! b**bs

A powerhouse corps always has a very unique identity that sets it apart from all the rest. They're also at a performance level that other corps just can't match. You can literally see and hear the difference between them and all other corps.

new is a relative term. its been 10 years since one of the same 4 corps has won the championahips. so to have phantom and coats up in the current top 4 is a great thing. no one was happy that scv dropped no one will be happy if cadets drop and same goes if bd or cavies loose out to someone "new" but its great fun and excitement to watch.

I wonder why the Boston Crusaders have never broken through and established themselves as a legitimate contender. You'd think a large corps that's been around as long as they have, drawing from what's ostensibly a strong talent pool in New England, would've made a run for it by now. What's their best finish? 5th?

Edited by Studio Tan

I was looking at some "old" (1970's) scores from DCI finals the other night and I was wondering what, other than money, keeps the main stay corps in the top 6 and not others.

Blue Stars, 27th, Crossmen, Bridgemen were just a few that I can think of right now that have either slipped or fallen out of the activities all together.

Any thoughts?

I was looking at some "old" (1970's) scores from DCI finals the other night and I was wondering what, other than money, keeps the main stay corps in the top 6 and not others.

Blue Stars, 27th, Crossmen, Bridgemen were just a few that I can think of right now that have either slipped or fallen out of the activities all together.

Any thoughts?

Loss of money and loss of staff are the two main reason success doesn't last, and it's way too easy to happen. It's really sad when that happens, but it's really impressive that some corps can hold on to it as long as they do. That's not easy by any stretch of the imagination! :beer:

Well Lance all i have to say to that is

Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiizmo DUCK!

Wouldn't "Blatherin' Blatherskite" be more appropriate? :beer: