Bluecoats are for REAL!

:P You card! I gotta tell you, I loved the '02 performance (haven't heard or seen '01 yet). Ohio's looking sharp with Blue battling against the top, Glassmen firmly in finals, and Capital Regiment knocking on the door to the top 12...imagine, three finalists from Ohio! That'd be something.

I honestly don't know what BC needs to move up...from what I've seen, they have great music, drill, and presence...I guess they just need to push, push, push their programming at this point.

'01 was AWESOME - my two favorite corps that year - both from Ohio...Glassmen and Bluecoats.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Real, does that mean RESPECTED?

I respected them in 1988

(I thought they were for real in 1988)

All the championships in the world aside, I'd give 'em all for another penny... B)

Well said.

GO BLOO

For Real, does that mean RESPECTED?

I respected them in 1988

(I thought they were for real in 1988)

I'm sure Phantom, Cavies and Star thought they were for real in Whitewater in 1988 too :P

They have been doing what they need to do to 2000 to become a fierce competitor in this activity. Obviously, what they are doing has been working.

I'm most excited to see them, Phantom, Madison, Santa Clara, and Crown (after reading reviews) in Madison. It's going to be a great finals.

Oh my goodness, this topic has existed for 20 minutes and no haters have appeared yet!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Anyway, I can't wait to see Bluecoats in Massillon! :rock:

Evan, I hate you. I have always hated you and I always will hate you. :) You might ask "what did I do to deserve this?" I think you know. :rock:

As for the Blue Coats, they're ok I guess. :P

Edited by KungFuCharlie

Thank you Malambo13, that's very big of you! :) Keep in mind, you don't see as much alumni hype for corps such as Cadets, Cavies, BD, etc. because they've already made top 5 and/or won a million times. This is new territory for the Bluecoats and the alumni are EXTREMELY proud and excited. Next time a corps makes it into the top 5 for the first time you'll probably see a similar situation on DCP with their alumni. I'll never tell them not to overhype.

Well said, Evan!! As an alum of 'Coats from the days you couldn't ground instrumets (late 70's) until 1986 when the corps placed 15th and the rest starting in '87....as they say.....is history.. I am EXTREMELY proud to see the corps doing so well!!! Mr. Swaldo, Mr. Glasgow, and Mr. Hamilton et all are to be commended for keeping the staff they have in place, and if they keep them all for the long term (3 more years plus...) Canton will be home to a DCI Champion.... I'll bet the house on it!!!

GOOOOOO BBBBLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

Bluecoats = Wow !! = Yeah! = Always looking forward to them.

They have never, ever disappointed me, from th eyears prior to 87, from the first year they made finals, through the uniform changes.

Best moment of all time ?? 1990 OTL drill. Second favorite moment? 91' Palookavile (So sue me...LOL)

Third best moment of all time ?? Last years show.

I think Blooo has one of the most effective, unique, prettiest visual packages of any coprs marching today, always unique, refreshing and rewarding to the viewer. THe stagin always highlights what needs to be seen.

Lately, i have been pleasantly surpised with the colorguard, solid executuion, and handling much more difficult work for full effect.

Go Bluecoats, cant wait to see you this year !!

Oh, and I have never had an encounter with a corps member that wasnt classy, fun, and....well, just fun !! I love(d) talking to you guys !!

~G~

Wow. I don't know how I'm missing it. I saw the Coats in Columbia, MO and while their show was well performed, I thought it was quite boring. Their drill had no gasp moments and their music had no goosebump moments. I'm just not seeing it. Like I said, they played well and marched well, it just wasn't interesting to me. What am I missing?

Another fan of 1991, I see.

That horn line in 1991 was smoking...I remember seeing them live, and saying "That's 11th place?"

Opener was sweet...and ####### loud, too.

Ought to come back as an encore piece. :)

OMG you bet ! When those flags go running by in "whiter shade of pale" ?..it gets me every time !! :P