Bluecoats are for REAL!

I have two medals for being a world championship finalist with the Bluecoats, does that count? :P Just kidding, I know what you mean!

:P You card! I gotta tell you, I loved the '02 performance (haven't heard or seen '01 yet). Ohio's looking sharp with Blue battling against the top, Glassmen firmly in finals, and Capital Regiment knocking on the door to the top 12...imagine, three finalists from Ohio! That'd be something.

I honestly don't know what BC needs to move up...from what I've seen, they have great music, drill, and presence...I guess they just need to push, push, push their programming at this point.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P You card! I gotta tell you, I loved the '02 performance (haven't heard or seen '01 yet).

Thanks man! You should definitely check out the '01 show too. It was the last year on G bugles and the hornline has a sound that I will be eternally proud of. But the drill in '02 was definitely an improvement!

I'll be the first person to retract all of my previous statements about the excessive hype here on DCP pre-season. That said, I don't necessarily regret making those statements and I still think my opinion was legitimate. Plus there was just way way too much BC hype for a couple of weeks.

But yeah, I'm glad to see them doing well. Hope they can break into the top 3 sometime soon.

I'll be the first person to retract all of my previous statements about the excessive hype here on DCP pre-season. That said, I don't necessarily regret making those statements and I still think my opinion was legitimate. Plus there was just way way too much BC hype for a couple of weeks.

But yeah, I'm glad to see them doing well. Hope they can break into the top 3 sometime soon.

Thank you Malambo13, that's very big of you! :) Keep in mind, you don't see as much alumni hype for corps such as Cadets, Cavies, BD, etc. because they've already made top 5 and/or won a million times. This is new territory for the Bluecoats and the alumni are EXTREMELY proud and excited. Next time a corps makes it into the top 5 for the first time you'll probably see a similar situation on DCP with their alumni. I'll never tell them not to overhype.

What he said.

All the championships in the world aside, I'd give 'em all for another penny... B)

Thank you Malambo13, that's very big of you! :) Keep in mind, you don't see as much alumni hype for corps such as Cadets, Cavies, BD, etc. because they've already made top 5 and/or won a million times. This is new territory for the Bluecoats and the alumni are EXTREMELY proud and excited. Next time a corps makes it into the top 5 for the first time you'll probably see a similar situation on DCP with their alumni. I'll never tell them not to overhype.

Well put Evan. Besides, I think once people have seen the show (especially in the last week or so when they have REALLY improved), there's just no denying that they are for real. This is no longer Blue hype. They drum, they spin, they wail, they march, they entertain. They are for real across the board.

They were fake before?

this was exactly my though when I first saw the topic pop up.

until tonight, I hadn't read it.

I guess great minds think alike. :beer:

I thought the whole opening progression of drill was really well done by the design team.

I second that; in fact, I think their whole form book is well-designed - and well executed. Good to see someone new challenging for the top three . . . .

I've seen the show and I think it is top 5, maybe 2nd or 3rd if they can give it that extra BLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!