I have a dream!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a recurring Drum Corps Dream back in 94-95 :P

Not sure which year it was, but when I was on tour teaching Bluecoats (01-03) we had a few holes and I dreamt that I was somehow supposed to march a show in a blank baritone spot. Since I was working with the guard during that time - i had NO clue where I was going or what I was supposed to play.

It was weird becuase the show music was going on, the corps was in uniform (except me) and performing a show... and there's me - LOST the entire show.

Haha, I had a dream once that I was at the Alamo Dome watching Phantom and they came and grabbed me from my seat and threw me into the show. No clue why it was Phantom.

I had one when I was with Revolution after we went inactive. I didn't get to march that season either. I'd only had Pre-season training with Revo and in my dream it was during the season and we were practicing in the gym at my high school. I was really late for practice in my dream and the staff were really upset. That one's not very exciting.

I dont think I have ever had a drum corps dream, while in drum corps. All of mine have been pre or post season. Everyone else would dream about their show during the season. I'd been practicing all day, so my dreams were my escape from corps.

Edited by T man

I haven't marched in nearly 20 years, but a couple different times in recent years I've dreamt that I came in at the last minute to fill a hole and we're getting ready to go on the field for a show and I haven't even practiced with the corps at all yet. They just keep telling me to follow what the people next to me are doing and I'll do fine. HA! It's a very panic-y feeling. I'm sure there's some deep, underlying reason for those dreams. It's probably similar to the dreams some people have about sitting down to take a test and never having studied.

I haven't marched in nearly 20 years, but a couple different times in recent years I've dreamt that I came in at the last minute to fill a hole and we're getting ready to go on the field for a show and I haven't even practiced with the corps at all yet. They just keep telling me to follow what the people next to me are doing and I'll do fine. HA! It's a very panic-y feeling. I'm sure there's some deep, underlying reason for those dreams. It's probably similar to the dreams some people have about sitting down to take a test and never having studied.

I haven't marched for over 30 years and I still have dreams like this. It might have stemmed from me getting married at 19 and not aging out and regretting it ever since (the not marching, not the marriage :P )

During the 2006 Classic Countdowwn Cesario said he dreams of 1989 Phantom...

Being bathed in chocolate?

(Just kidding...I adore Cesario, as everyone should.)

After I aged out, I had drum corps dreams that would make me wake up in a cold sweat. I didn't want to let go of something that was so meaningful to me and I was afraid I had nothing left to contribute. It took a few years to "fall in" to what I'm doing now and I couldn't be happier about that.

I had one dream where my corps, The Cavaliers, stopped to use my bedroom to change into uniform for a parade and another where DCI Worlds was being held in my basement. In one dream, I had founded a corps named The Bellaires—I know that's the spelling because it was on the side of their truck—and they were just announced as placing second at DCI Worlds.

I had dreams where I accidently ended up in another corps' show, where I stepped off-the-line early, where I had a solo and realized I hadn't bothered to learn it...etc. Sort of like the old I-forgot-to-study-for-this-test dream.

I have drum corps dreams once in awhile now, but they're never about wishing I was still involved as a marcher because I'm involved in other capacities.

I think drum corps dreams (and how they make us feel, what they mean, why we get them) would make for an interesting Fanfare column. (Hint, hint.)

boomike@dci.org

I have the same dream! I spend the enitre dream chasing my spot. It's funny actually since I aged out in 1984 but still wake up in a panic.

• 8 months later...

After not having a drum corps dream for awhile, I had another one last night. I was at a parade and Troopers were revealing their new corps for the first time on the parade route. They did a field drill while moving down the street, opening with a spiraling sunburst (spiraling because they were moving forward while doing it) and followed it with an actual sunburst. Then out of nowhere, giant vertical stained glass-looking panels appeared that were electronically-triggered drums and I thought, "Wow, Troopers are into electronics now." The drummers played on the panels for the street beats.