I have a dream!

I had a dream recently (more like a nightmare). I was at the first show of the season, and I literally could not find anything associated with my uniform. Gloves, gauntlets, pants, nothing. And then when I finally found my stuff I realized that I didn't know where the corps was warming up, what time we went on, or even what the show music or drill was. It was pretty much the worst drum corps dream of all time.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always had a recurring dream since I aged out in 93. It's always pretty much the same - the corps (Bluecoats) calls me up and asks me to fill a hole. So I go and at some point during rehersals I realize I'm nearly 15 years too old to be marching! :) It always ends there - I never make it to a show. :(

I used to have these dreams all the time. Now they only occur once or twice during the summer when I'm following the activity closer.

I've also had the I cant find my set dream. The setting is usually the finals performance though haha. I've also had a dream where I had to sight read drill during a major performance... while playing my bari. That was actually kinda fun.
Haha, I've actually done that. The marching band I teach decided to do a football game after the season had ended, so everyone was real laid back and there were some holes. Well, one of the other vis techs and I went to the uniform closet and found some uni's that fit, grabbed some extra horns, and marched the show. We had some idea where we were going and knew the count structure because we teched all season, but it was still quite a rush. The kids loved it too. It made the show memorable for reasons other than it being the show they only did because they didn't make state. Edited by boilerman_05

Variation on the taking a test you never studied for dream. Occurs once in a while.

My old corps is getting back together and asks me to help out at a show. (Kinda like real life except that I was asked to do parades.) I drive to the place (looks like a mix of Erie and Lewistown, PA stadium) getting there as the corps lines up on the field. I'm handed a uni and horn and told to get in line and do the show (which I have never seen) :sshh:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

when I was on tour

my dreams were constantly tormented by the constant clicking of a Dr. Beat or a woodblock

I'm glad I'm not the only one

I had the same dreams on tour, all the time.... several times on tour dreamt i was running late to rehearsal, then woke up in a panic, only to realize the gym was still dark

every so often i still get corps related dreams.. 2 or 3 in the last week actually..

Edited by alarson83

dream - marching and i could not remember any of my sets!

Our equivilent of the "I forgot to study for this test" dream.