I have a dream!

I dreamed a while ago that The Cadets were playing in my grandma's back yard, and her back wall was conveniently missing.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I mentioned in post #18...

<<After I aged out, I had drum corps dreams that would make me wake up in a cold sweat. I didn't want to let go of something that was so meaningful to me and I was afraid I had nothing left to contribute. It took a few years to "fall in" to what I'm doing now and I couldn't be happier about that.

I had one dream where my corps, The Cavaliers, stopped to use my bedroom to change into uniform for a parade and another where DCI Worlds was being held in my basement. In one dream, I had founded a corps named The Bellaires—I know that's the spelling because it was on the side of their truck—and they were just announced as placing second at DCI Worlds.

I had dreams where I accidently ended up in another corps' show, where I stepped off-the-line early, where I had a solo and realized I hadn't bothered to learn it...etc. Sort of like the old I-forgot-to-study-for-this-test dream.

I have drum corps dreams once in awhile now, but they're never about wishing I was still involved as a marcher because I'm involved in other capacities.

I think drum corps dreams (and how they make us feel, what they mean, why we get them) would make for an interesting Fanfare column. (Hint, hint.)

boomike@dci.org>>

I remembered this when someone posted a question asking what we would name our corps. This is different than that thread in that in this thread, it's just about what kind of dreams we've had regarding drum corps.

I've always had a recurring dream since I aged out in 93. It's always pretty much the same - the corps (Bluecoats) calls me up and asks me to fill a hole. So I go and at some point during rehersals I realize I'm nearly 15 years too old to be marching! :) It always ends there - I never make it to a show. :(

I used to have these dreams all the time. Now they only occur once or twice during the summer when I'm following the activity closer.

I have the same exact dream... only it's 5 years and not 15. I think mine stems from not aging out with the corps I spent three years with. :worthy:

I've got a couple..

First one was the Cadets were doing some kind of exhibition for a large crowd and for some reason I was there as part of it in my Pioneer uniform. No one told me what I was supposed to do so I ended up marching around aimlessly until the dream ended....it was weird.

The other one was during everyday's last year. On the bus ride back to the housing site I would listen to my iPod and fall asleep on the trip back. Well one time after a day of learning drill, in my dream, the music I was listening to was put on the field and I was watching rock music being performed on the field. The music I was listening to was being put to the same drill I just learned. Best part was, it worked with the drill perfectly..lol

Naw, I have a recurring drum corps dream. If you want to know about the corps, just read my post on the "dream drum corps" thread.

I was going to say I have the same dream everybody must have, but after reading that point has already been made

suddenly I am on the field, the show is about to start, I have no idea what the drill or music is

somehow I play the show anyway (?)

like it all comes back to me even though I dont know it, I only know the next second

(I have this same dream about being in a serious theatre production even though I was only ever in one play,

the difference is that I have to study the parts out of a script I keep losing)

nightmare #2, my corps is dressed and is lined up to go on and I am in a locker room searching for uniform parts while somebody is saying let's go, were on!