The way we used to eat

What is "fluffernutter"?

peanut butter and marshmellow Fluff sandwiches!!!!

personally, I passed on those......... B)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, Rick, The "Revere House of Grease" is now across the street, next to the old Lancer Hall parking lot. The old Lancer hall now houses a chiropractor (last time I looked) and was a Tai Kwan Do studio for a while. The House O' Grease has been joined by a Mexican restaurant and a roast beef/seafood take out place. How you guys lived in that basement is beyond me, although I've heard about a break-in into a locked closet that may have housed beverages not usually afforded by the residents that may have (ahem) eased the pain. (Rumor only)

:sshh:

That's neat to know!

Ah, the "Mother Lode" story? I wouldn't know anything about anyone climbing through the ceiling to drop down into the bar. :worthy:

The corps hall was great to live in at the time, actually, though I cannot imagine sleeping down in that basement now. Too wet! It was kind of like a big treehouse, and perfect for a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds. We had a whole series of bunks that a bunch of us lived in, and, an area I and some snare colleagues lived in we called "Scuttlebutt Lodge". Here's a picture of it from 83:

174364977_40a55671f2.jpg

we had the same diet in the sky ryders in the 80's :worthy:

Sounds a lot like what I had w/ Spirit in 1993 even! Not that I am complaining. It kept me fueled and that was all it really needed to do. I ate better in drum corps than I did my first year away at college and came out in much better physical shape as well. :)

That's neat to know!

Ah, the "Mother Lode" story? I wouldn't know anything about anyone climbing through the ceiling to drop down into the bar. :worthy:

The corps hall was great to live in at the time, actually, though I cannot imagine sleeping down in that basement now. Too wet! It was kind of like a big treehouse, and perfect for a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds. We had a whole series of bunks that a bunch of us lived in, and, an area I and some snare colleagues lived in we called "Scuttlebutt Lodge". Here's a picture of it from 83:

174364977_40a55671f2.jpg

Who's the Hottie?

Wausau Story was also one of the "fast food" brigade!

One of my favorite food stories revolved around the year (1978) when I was not only a marching member, but a bus driver!

We were taking some busses from one location to another and pulled into McDonalds to grab a burger. The workers saw three busses pull in and threw on a TON of food....they were a bit annoyed when three drivers walked in and no one else! We did not get the "bus drivers eat free" deal that usually happend at McD's!

jim

Who's the Hottie?

She is Sue from the guard, a wonderful person who is still involved in corps. Can you guess where?

I think I can top this. 1978 in the middle of nowhere:

Wendy's for Breakfast.

Nothin' like a double for breakfast, with a side of fries ...

<**>

How did we do it?

We would get the cup of cereal, a bathroom dixie cup of juice, and sometimes fruit. Yep, 150 calories is all you need for a 4-hour rehersal. We never moaned about it because that is all we knew. We did the stripmall-Greasy Mac's- JACK's for lunch, and then Furrs for dinner. .

How did we do it?

:worthy:

I was ok with the cup of cereal until the fatefull night after a show in Montreal in 78. It seems that all the corps ended up at a school. I awakend to find marchers all asleep in this massive ditch... Most of it is still fuzzy exept that I notice that all the Phantom marchers were all carrying their personal cereal bowls and spoons...... I'm still going through therapy for that memory. In fact, to this day I won't let my kids eat out of my favorite bowl.

She is Sue from the guard, a wonderful person who is still involved in corps. Can you guess where?

No sir, no I can't...where?