Battle Creek Streaming Review

First of all , thanks for the review. I would like to repectfully disagree with one comment you made and that was pertaining to drill design of the Blue Devils. It may not be the most difficult drill, but it is performed well. The comment reminded me of comments made when Star of Indy and other corps started playing a gazillion notes and people felt that more note ment better. As a designer or arranger , what you write should fit the kids level and ability to perform.

I think a championship show is one where what was designed is maximized by the performers!!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all , thanks for the review. I would like to repectfully disagree with one comment you made and that was pertaining to drill design of the Blue Devils. It may not be the most difficult drill, but it is performed well. The comment reminded me of comments made when Star of Indy and other corps started playing a gazillion notes and people felt that more note ment better. As a designer or arranger , what you write should fit the kids level and ability to perform.

I think a championship show is one where what was designed is maximized by the performers!!!!

I agree that you should write stuff that fits the kids level and ability to perform, but if the kids can't perform stuff that is as difficult and demanding as other groups they shouldn't expect to win a championship.

6. Bluecoats beat Phantom in BRASS??? Nah!

yet another person whom i'm glad isnt a judge!

Colts did win visual tonight (in comparison to Spirit, not overall)

edit: brass too

Keep in mind Spirit was taking 4 "first reads" from the judges...including yes, the brass judge, and percussion 1,

guard, and GE Music.....

so, you're saying that blue devils aren't good enough to perform difficult drill?

this is not true...i'm sure. they are great marchers! the best! this is why i wish they would do better, more difficult, more entertaining drill

Allow me to add my review of the Colts....

Now that I've had a chance to view the entire show, WOW. What an outstanding show design. The visual accentuates the music VERY well. Kudos for taking the visual caption from Spirit, should have taken the GE caption too. T Massive props go out to the design team and instructional staff for putting together a show that is as entertaining as the corps has ever produced. I expect this show to go neck and neck with Spirit all the way to Finals week (and it will).

Some folks doubted my bold predictions for this Colts show. Very solid all the way across. I have said from the get go Spirit is going to have to really step it up to hang in the 12 this summer.

so, you're saying that blue devils aren't good enough to perform difficult drill?

this is not true...i'm sure. they are great marchers! the best! this is why i wish they would do better, more difficult, more entertaining drill

No , I am not saying that the Blue Devils aren't capable of marching a more difficult drill. My comment and position is that a corps shouldn't win just because the drill is difficult. If something is more complex great reward it in that caption, however I think you can't ignore a sloppy or confusing show just because it's complexed. That is why you have sub captions. One for the designer and the other for the performer

7. Blue Devils ... I know their show is A LITTLE different than in some past shows...but NOT in one category...DRILL!!! I can NOT enjoy a BD show until they start MARCHING!!! Their drill is so freakin' easy, it's unbelievable! If you aren't marching like the Cadets and/or Cavies, you don't deserve to be in their league! They do NOT sound as good as they should when they march half time a lot, and don't march over 8 to 5 step size very often.

Preach it, brother.

BD's got some bad mofos in the vis performance department. Now only if their drill designer would grow a pair and write for the amazing talent that corps has.

Before the flaming starts, notice that I'm 100% behind the kids on the field, and am only ripping on one guy. :)

Preach it, brother.

BD's got some bad mofos in the vis performance department. Now only if their drill designer would grow a pair and write for the amazing talent that corps has.

Before the flaming starts, notice that I'm 100% behind the kids on the field, and am only ripping on one guy. :)

AMEN!!!

BD has amazing marchers! I too support the members like crazy. And, I rather LIKE the Blue Devils (sometimes).

I think BD needs to get a new Drill Designer and a new Battery Perc Arranger. I'm so glad they got Wunderlich to do their pit! It's so nice to hear good music coming from them!

Some folks doubted my bold predictions for this Colts show. Very solid all the way across. I have said from the get go Spirit is going to have to really step it up to hang in the 12 this summer.

I saw Spirit the other night and they seem to be really stepping it up... I think they are hanging just fine.