Highest ranked "non amped" Div 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever think that maybe the reason they don't have amps is that they can't afford to buy them. Thus, if you buy souvies from them you may be enabling them to join the 'amp club'.

^0^

If a Div 1 corps can't afford to buy amps at this point in our history, I highly doubt that is among their top priorities.

Meaning: if they can't afford what many consider a necessary evil in competition, they've probably got a lot more expenses that will have to be covered before they could entertain the thoughts of buying more unnecessary equipment.

They might very well simply not WANT amps, but considering that nearly everyone, even the corps that voted against their use now have them, I would bet that they simply can't fork over the money for them at this time. But that's just my opinion...

Is Spirit using amps? I don't remember seeing them use any at the Hornell, NY show. And I thought their pit had the most balanced sound of the night. (Madison, Boston Crusaders, & Magic were the other three D1 corps there.)

And yes...Spirit is amped. I like that you didn't notice!

Edited by ssorrell

I don't think the Blue Stars were amped until they added the narration. And even now, I think that it's just the voice that's amped, not the pit.

Pioneer aren't using them either.

Ummm.. no that's actually incorrect.

They are using amps. I have a friend in the pit.. she's the one who plugs everybody in.

(GO RACHEL!)

Stef

I don't think the Blue Stars were amped until they added the narration. And even now, I think that it's just the voice that's amped, not the pit.

mmm... no.. I'm pretty sure they were amped at the shows I saw them at prior to the narration, too.

Stef

In Galen's defense, Pioneer did not use amps in Decatur, probably due to the the threat of rain.