Cadets "Z-Pull"

Z-pull's go better with a blasting sound of rocky point IMO.

That dissolving company front in the 87 show gives me chills EVERY time. I don't think I'll ever see a drill move that makes me go nuts like that one. Zingali = absolute visual God.

That's not drum corps! What about those great endzone to endzone drills with color presentations like in the Good Ole Days? ^0^

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

• Like 1

as I understand teh story....yes and no...

He CREATED the drill....but it was all in his head and he basically talked the corps through it...

Star alum clarify?

Bill Cook's story of the 91 Star season, including Zingali's creation of the famous mirror image cross, is at www.cookgroup.com/star/. Click on "history" at the top of the page, click on Star of Indiana "Recollections" and then click on Chapter Four, the 1991 season.

Edited by mfrontz

That's why only people who knew about mid-80s DCI were freaking out at the end of 2003 Cadets' Our Favorite Things

I was unfamiliar with DCI history, but I had heard some of the hype about the 2003 closer before I saw it performed at Indy. Count me among those who went nuts seeing it done. Compressed form at the middle of the field that unfolds and stretches from one end of the field to the other. Pure visual and execution genius. :grouphug:

To this day I wonder how things stayed together as they stretched so far, with the sound having to be thin in the side-to-side ranks, but strong to the front.

The volume to the front in 2003 did decrease, but it gave an amazing surround sound ring.