'87 or '89

I'd go for 89 although I'm biased because it was my rookie year. I loved Phantom, but honestly thought Cavies should have won. SCV and PR had great shows, but I thought both were really sloppy in finals. Also Madison had a good show that year.

Ken

You thought Cavies should have won in 1989???

Wow. That's the first time I've ever heard that one. Great show, one of my favourites from them, but...clearly a third-place show that particular year.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for 89 although I'm biased because it was my rookie year. I loved Phantom, but honestly thought Cavies should have won. SCV and PR had great shows, but I thought both were really sloppy in finals. Also Madison had a good show that year.

Ken

1. Cavies should not have won!

2. It was only a two man race that year and deservedly so.

3. Phantom was nearly perfect and Santa Clara was #### good too.

4. We did not have a good show in 1989. A good opener, but not a good show <**>

I pretty new to this activity (first watched it in 2004). I was wondering what DCI Legacy video to buy between 1987 and 1989? What finals are better from top to bottom?

From what I know 1987 has Cadets with App. Spring and 1989 has SCV and PR both with very well known shows. What other shows should I see between these two years?

1987 is WAY WAY WAY better from top to bottom IMO! In 1989, the only shows I liked were Phantom, Santa Clara and Star (and I'm in the minority on Star). In 1987, the entire top 12 put out great and entertaining shows. Phantom and Santa Clara were really something in 1989, but Santa Clara and Garfield were really something in 1987, and everyone was entertaining. Overall, I thought 1989 was one of the most boring years in DCI History.

You thought Cavies should have won in 1989???

Wow. That's the first time I've ever heard that one. Great show, one of my favourites from them, but...clearly a third-place show that particular year.

I know. I was surprised too. I think arguments for Phantom or SCV winning in 1989 are legitimate...but not the Cavies. Regiment was near perfect musically and visually, but I give a slight nod to SCV.