Has anyone heard or seen Cadets changes

Since Cadets have recently made changes to their show, has anyone seen them or heard them? If so, do you think that the changes were positive or negative and can you actually recognize that a change has taken place?

I saw them about 10 days ago in Rockford and then saw them again last night in Broken Arrow. The shock value of seeing it for the first time prevented me from giving a good assessment the first time, but I didn't find the show as awful as I thought after seeing it the first time. I still hate the amplified vocals and they have too many props. I did notice that the vocalist didn't sing before the show started last night like she did in Rockford. Biggest problem I have is how loud and grating the vocalist gets during the ballad. WAY too loud both times I've seen it. I've heard plenty of loud horn lines that just sounded great the louder they got, but amplified voice over the system they're using starts to sound pretty bad when it gets loud. I was in row G last night, but I don't see it as progress when you have to put your fingers in your ears because it sounds so bad. It also seemed to me like the speakers were too loud the whole show. Pit was out of balance with the rest of the corps, especially compared to all of the other corps that marched last night and amplified their pits. I thought the rule Hoppy got passed to let staff run the sound board was supposed to prevent this?

So to answer your question, I don't really know. I can guess that maybe the changes were positive because I didn't hate the show as much last night, but I really do think that the shock value and thought of "what the #### are they doing?" prevented me from getting much positive out of the show the first time I saw it. I tried hard last night to ignore the crap I hate, of which there is quite a bit unfortunately, and focus on the good drum corps that is hidden behind all of that crap.

I really like the Cadets Unplugged we got for the victory performance. No amps, no vocalists, just pure, acoustic goodness.

Ditto.

#### it was hot last night in BA for the first hour or two.. it was 104 when the show started I heard. The guy cooking hamburgers outside supposedly passed out.

I don't know what changes Cadets made but as always they play thier ##### off. But I just can't get past the crap I hate to enjoy much of it...

Encore rocked though.

What about the new ending that they put in? I guess when I started this thread, I was thinking more about what the new ending is like and if it is different drill with the same ending music from last year. Or is it a different ending entirely?

Not to be a jerk and take the thread in the wrong direction, but it's bound to happen anyway so I may as well. Do you really care that much? With that tag line in your signature, I question your motives for even asking.

"Props and Amps are not drum corps people...lets get a grip. Lets not turn drum corps into a middle school band program like some people in the drum corps world are trying to do *cough* Hoppy *cough*"

Whoa, take her easy there partner. I was asking because I was mainly curious about the ending of the show musically and visually. I guess you missed that part of the thread in a later response that I posted. A new ending doesn't have to include props and amps. No harm done. Thanks for your reply.

Not to be a jerk and take the thread in the wrong direction, but it's bound to happen anyway so I may as well. Do you really care that much? With that tag line in your signature, I question your motives for even asking.

"Props and Amps are not drum corps people...lets get a grip. Lets not turn drum corps into a middle school band program like some people in the drum corps world are trying to do *cough* Hoppy *cough*"

I agree with you....

What about Phantom, Cavies, BD, Colts, Magic, Bluecoats, SCV, Pioneer....etc. etc. etc. Has anyone seen the changes any of the Div 1 corps are making? Are they positive or negative?

I got the chance to see them in Denver. The end change is great, at least from the field. Being down on the field it was sooo intense I couldn't help but get goosebumps over and oever again over how amazing it was. When I watched the run-through up in the stands at the end of the day and the next day at the show it didn't have the same effect. I think it's mainly because they had just gotten a day or two earlier and it was very dirty. The effect was lost in a way because the end of the show was weak as it was brand new. Therefore, you couldn't really tell what was going on. I've heard that they might change again, but personally I loved the first change that I saw in Denver. Those guys were running like crazy with awesome music too.