Jeff,

Once again, you reviewed the show like it was your job. Oh yeah, it is. Let me know who I should write to about your thoroughness, to the point of staying in the action hours after the show ended in the parking lot. You deserve a promotion! B)

Seriously, it's great to have someone that gives such detailed reviews. I also appreciate that you are able to find legitimate strengths and weaknesses in all of the performances. That kind of feedback is useful and interesting to people that don't just want knee-jerk reactions based on personal preference. Keep it up.

Now as to your comments about the Bucs, WTF?!?!?!?! B) (Sorry, had to do it.)

Glad you noticed the guard more this time. They are doing some outstanding work this year and are determined to max it out. Thanks also for giving a great ensemble-oriented description of our performance. I feel as if much of the integration between battery, pit, brass, colorguard and drill is overlooked when each caption is reviewed separately.

As for your comments about the end of Scheherazade, don't worry, we are not where we want to be with that one yet. I think you will like what you see next time.

As you mentioned, we have no intention of peaking. Our goal is always to outperform the Bucs latest performance. It is our intention to kick the crap out of the Lewisburg Buccaneers when we get the opportunity to perform again at Binghamton on Saturday.

Hope to see you there,

Dan,

all cracks at Gina's expense about licorice schnapps we made Saturday aside, it's tough to catch it all, especially the first read. that's why i wont do prelims...####, one of my reviews for 25 corps would take up a whole issue of DCW :P

it's just too tough to catch it all. luckily, PA still has some DCA shows, so i can see some of the corps multiple times, and hopefully next year, her grad school will be done, i'll win powerball, the house will be paid for and i'll hire help, and then i can get to every region at least once.

oh and start Shore back up too:

seriously man, you're doing a great job, and I enjoy your corps. watching you guys rehearse Saturday was an experience. I've seen DCI top 6 corps not be that focused on the rehearsal field.

as for reviews.....opinions are like ########, i'm just flattered you like mine :P

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I am going to say about this is, if you don't like it, turn around and stare at the press box. The onfield warmup is our last moment of mental preperation before our performance. It is great to see our staff on the field with us because they get hyped by us playing well and in turn hype us up even more. Guess what, it works, we had our best show of the season. I, personally, could care less what people reviewing the shows think. Most of them really don't know what they are talking about or have the background to back up what they are saying. Just watching corps for a long time doesn't qualify you in design and music. I play for myself, the people in my line, the people in my corps, and our staff. I am sure the press box would gladly have a conversation with you if you don't like watching us prepare for our show.

DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!!!!!!

Per Jeff Ream's review:

"i know not everyone digs alumni corps, which is a shame. but i think if you check these guys and gals out, you'll see age and experience can rock the house everytime. I'll be honest, i got too into watching the corps to take really good detailed notes. if Ponzo were in a competing corps today, he'd be in the running for soloist. Duke and Steve are no slouches either.

SEE THIS CORPS!!!"

Thanks for the kind words in your review, Jeff! As an alumni corps, we are sometimes left out of show reviews by others, but you always include us (as well as other alumnis), and more often than not your comments are very complimentary. This is why we still march and play, to entertain the audience and have some fun doing it.

I especially appreciate your comments on our drum section. We're a bunch of guys just throwing down some old-school rudimental drumming with a little modern flavor, and we enjoy what we're doing. They are a hard-working line who take their drumming and performing seriously, and I wanted to let you know how pleased we are that you always give us recognition in your show reviews.

I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you at a show one of these days. Next time you're hanging out with Frank Ponzo, ask him to introduce me and come by to say hello.

John Smith

hey man, thank you for entertaining us. as Jimmy says "for you"....well, when he points at the crowd, i'm one of the you!

Jeff,

come out to SoCal and give us a review of Dream...Oh wait we're done for this year out here.

I sure wish some one out here would do a review as complete as what you do.

We have a real hard time finding out what the judges think of our show let alone the fans.

It really helps me get a feeling for what the shows of our competitors are all about, thanks.

what are the white sabres or Chops thinking of Dream right now. No one knows anything about our shoe from the reviews.

I sure wish the word could get out about our program and potential....

We're a bunch of guys just throwing down some old-school rudimental drumming with a little modern flavor, and we enjoy what we're doing. They are a hard-working line who take their drumming and performing seriously

Yes.... with the exception of Wayne Poulsen, the Cabs Alumni drumline is very good.

He is going to kill me if he reads this. :P

Fran

Yes.... with the exception of Wayne Poulsen, the Cabs Alumni drumline is very good.

He is going to kill me if he reads this. :P

Fran

Wayne asked me if I could get you guys a table at the Lobster House for the Cab's at the Beach show....I don't know Fran, but I may be asking for a smaller table next year. LOL

Great to see you at the Arnold show. If you weren't there, dealing with the elements, you have no idea how the corps pulled this one off. It was great to see you, Fran, improvise when the P A system failed. A true professional.

Edited by dukecornwell

Jeff,

come out to SoCal and give us a review of Dream...Oh wait we're done for this year out here.

I sure wish some one out here would do a review as complete as what you do.

We have a real hard time finding out what the judges think of our show let alone the fans.

It really helps me get a feeling for what the shows of our competitors are all about, thanks.

what are the white sabres or Chops thinking of Dream right now. No one knows anything about our shoe from the reviews.

I sure wish the word could get out about our program and potential....

send me next year's schedule and plane tix and we'll talk :P

"Yes.... with the exception of Wayne Poulsen, the Cabs Alumni drumline is very good.

He is going to kill me if he reads this.

Fran"

Yes, I believe he will! I know I don't mess with him too much since he's a good head-and-shoulders taller than I am!

Seriously, thanks for the compliment, Fran. We enjoy what we're doing, but it makes it even better knowing others enjoy our efforts also. It's an old cliche that our only reward is the crowd's reaction and applause. Lately, our reward has been very good.

John