Why The Struggles with Xmen?

Hey Everyone,

Living in Tallahassee Florida has not been easy this year being a huge DCI fan. I have not been able to get to a show this year. As a Crossmen Alum, I have to ask for your help! Can someone explain why this show, after great reviews for the most part, is not scoring well? Is it pure execution? The design is good from what I hear. Are the other top 12 corps THAT much better this year? Do you think it is something more like administration issues? I do not want to see the Crossmen turn into a "feeder" corps like some may think. When I was with the corps in 02 things seem to be getting "better"....What went wrong? What needs to happen to get them back into the top 12 / top 10?

Thanks!

I'm not touching this one.

Guys, anyone wanna take it?

One thing they will need is to get out to more competitions.... starting so late puts them 2 weeks behind everyone else and does not let them run to their full potential. These kids and the whole Crossmen team are awesome.... I haven't given up hope on them yet! :)

Crossmen has been great this year. I'm a fan of their show BUT 2006 has turned out to be a VERY competetive year. Be no means do Crossmen suck, it's just they have a lot to work on to get into finals. I'm rooting for 12th place for them, and Spirit 11th. Wouldn't that be awesome!

Edited by mellowbugle

i saw their show in san antonio while its pretty good and has some good ideas, the design is no where near as good as it was in 2002 or 2003. theres just something missing.

Given that DCI is only two weeks away, if I were Crossmen I would be more concerned about losing my 14th place to Blue Stars than making finals which looks like a HUGE stretch for them this year, given they are on average two points behind 13th, and only 5 tenths ahead of 15th. Please don't get me wrong, Crossmen is one of my favorite corps of all time, especially their drum line (flam jam warm up has rocked my world on a number of occasions) and I WANT them in the top 12. Just doesn't seem to be the direction they are headed as of late. I hope they can turn it around.

I have yet to see their show live... but it's funny... cause... I too am a Xmen alum and live in Tally town. Have we met????

I've seen them a few times and to be honest, their performance level as of late is nowhere near what it used to be 3 - 6 years ago. Whether it's instructional staff or the talent of the marching members themselves...who knows?

Their show design is top notch, but their execution leaves alot to be desired.

Wow, Talk about a reunion of 2002 and 2003 people here...

I haven't seen their show live, I'm planning on seeing it at Giants Stadium. I have seen the video that manifested itself onto YouTube of their runthrough, and can't really say I got anything out of it.

Here's hoping that they improve!

For sure, starting 2 weeks late does'nt help.. But you know, Hopkins needs more money to run the Cadets tours ... where do you think they cut ? Starting 2 weeks late save YEA! 2 weeks of fuel ... few tousands dollars.

I remember in 2002, our first show (after gettysburg) was on june 24th.

Anyway, i'll be in Allentown next week to see their show, can't wait...