Russelville Retreat

That would be tremendous. :whistle:

It got a big cheer in Indy, when they had the Hoosiers beating the Badgers 28-3. It would have been a little better if they had updated their radio station to match with something in the area. I mean, there's an X103, but they still say X105. Wonder if that's a licensing thing? Can't remember if they updated the traffic report for the area...

They have been localizing the traffic and football scores as they travel around the country. In San Antonio (or was it in Dallas, it's all a blur to me now), it was the "National Champions University of Texas" leading the game. I'm not sure about whether they have been doing the same on the radio stations. Of course the "X" is probably for the Crossmen. Not every market has a X-something station.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that there's an X105 in the Allentown area, or somewhere up there, that they patterned the jingle off of. Can anyone here in DCPLand clarify?

Edited by Maedhros

So the real issue is that the kids are having a great time, getting great instruction, they will return and the corps should be stronger next season because of this. Sometimes you must be patient and cannot expect instant turnarounds.

As always...my 2 cents.

Peace!

After spending a week with the Xmen, I can say the kids ARE having a great time and getting great instruction. I left them on Sunday after the SA regional, and their spirits are still running high although everyone is scratching their heads on the recent scores versus the judges comments -- consistent comments during the week but inconsistent scores, especially head-to-head.

Bones are off for the next two days, and they plan to make some adjustments before ATL based on the feedback received. Their scores this week have been on a good up-trend, so maybe the combination of some closer clean-up and the scores momentum will give them the boost they need to get into the top dozen.

I really enjoyed Madison's show and I am sorry to say that the drill is a major factor to why they are not placing higher. Sure it's hard, but instead of me as a spectator thinking "hey that's really cool drill", I thought wow that sure looks like a lot of running around that they do. I bet that hornline is a monster but we will never know because each hornline member has to run to the majority of his sets. How can they clean so much drill without triming the horn book, because I don't think they can do both--I think they are awesome for the way they are even handling it now. Oh and their bari line is tremedous--I am so used to hear Madison's mellos and trumpets but tonight it was their baris that lead the hornline!!!!!

Glassmen's show was very textbook and classy. I was upset that I liked their show(only because I wanted Spirit to pass them)-- they had two awesome GE moments that their guard really sold me on.

Spirit was good too.....the hornline was loud and on the shaky side with the new nuances they've added and I think once those issues are cleaned up they will be good to go hornline wise. Tonight Spirit's drill was better than I remember, I guess it was because I watched it at a higher angle--it's just as effective as anyone that is scoring within 4pts of them. They were most entertaining to my biased taste and I am so proud of them!!!!!!

The Crossmen seemed to be very clean at this point in the game, but did they hose their hornbook to get clean faster or what? The show is different and I really enjoyed it and actually laughed a lot during the show!!!!!!

The Magic surprised me tonight......they are starting to grasp what they're doing and I like the show a whole lot better than my first viewing of it in B'ham--they have a great drumline!!!!

Cascades were way better than the reviews that I've read about their show. I thought they marched and played better individually than the tier they are in(sometimes the forms didnt lock or the ensemble music didnt line-up, but they always had good technique---they just need to GEL and the show will have instant success.

Edited by melloflava

Congradulations! Bluecoats for 90.850 at Battle of Siloam Springs,AR

rimshotTerrance