Looking for corps in southern Cali

Hey she's still "junior" age. Why not let her get a good year in with one of the junior corps which probably could use her help. Or if she's going north let her try for BD or SCV,no? She'll have plenty of time after that to mess with senior corps if she wants.

Just my .002 anyway......good luck babe with whatever you choose. :whistle:

Perhaps since she is already with a DCA corps, and is posing the question here instead of the DCI forum, she is already more interested in marching a DCA corps rather than the schedule of a DCI corps.

Remember, in other parts of the country, people have made a choice between DCI and DCA corps for many years where opting to march the "all-age" circuit is just fine. It is only because having DCA corps on the west coast is still realtively new that it seems odd to have someone choose a DCA corps over a Jr corps.

I am not saying it should become the norm, out here, to actively recruit those that can still march Jr corps and I will continue to fully support the local Jr corps. However if someone has already made the decision that DCA is for them, I am certainly not going to push them away and force them to go to a Jr corps. Afterall, we are "all-age" and "all-age" is just that, "all-age".

That said, I hope she looks at all of her options and makes the choice that is right for her. If SoCal Dream is that choice, great!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, not to stir up any trouble w/ Mon Valley, but they may lose one of their 'contra cuties' to California one of these days...was just looking into what is over there and what all I have to look into. Let me know and thanks for any kind of help :) I'm not expecting to be leaving this season, if at all. I've just had an option open to me in my personal life and I'd like to know my options basically.

you know theres socal dream. glad you forgot so soon <**>

oh and as far as junior corps goes.. she doesnt know junior corps.. only dca.

Edited by cire

Good luck!!!! I'd visit around different corps and just see what feels like "home" to you :)

you know theres socal dream. glad you forgot so soon <**>

oh and as far as junior corps goes.. she doesnt know junior corps.. only dca.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking of doing a DCI corps. Seems like they're for the 1st chair students w/ time to go on tour and stay on a bus 24/7. Well...at least that's the impression I got.

I do intend to find a corps like Mon Valley w/ friendly people and closer by to where I'll be-not exactly sure where that is yet, and if I'm even moving to Southern Cali. Like I had mentioned, it's just an option that might open up to me eventually and I didn't wanna surprise everyone next season by just leaving MVE and showing up in a SoCal line :-p

Well if you do end up in southern California, as has been said SoCal Dream is here to fill your drum corps needs.

Sounds as if something is forcing a move on you. I am sure Mon Valley doesnt want to lose you, but if you end up heading this way, we will welcome you. Hope this all works out best for you.

SoCal Dream

No, nothing being forced. I've been wanting to move out of western PA for a long time & I may get my chance w/in the next year or so if things go a certain way. Hard to explain w/o dipping into my personal life & that's not up for discussion any time soon lol I'm sure Jay is gonna kick my butt once he hears about this thread tho... :sshh:

No, nothing being forced. I've been wanting to move out of western PA for a long time & I may get my chance w/in the next year or so if things go a certain way. Hard to explain w/o dipping into my personal life & that's not up for discussion any time soon lol I'm sure Jay is gonna kick my butt once he hears about this thread tho... :sshh:

Jay isn't the one you should worry about there are two very twisted mellies who are the ones to worry about. ^0^

but this is rather sad and depressing you might be leaving. you are one of the few people male or female who come even somewhat close to the level of insanity that torch and i have reached.

Oh #### no.......

No disrespect to my fellow corpmates in So Cal, but we've got a spot here clearly marked for you in the 2007 Renegades contra line. If you're living in so cal, we're talking like a 6 hr drive and we usually have so cal members that make the drive up that you could commute with.

At least come to one camp before you decide on sticking to your regional options. But, once you go evil there's no going back ^0^

I have to agree....for a year or so at least, but there will be a serious Sr. corps starting up here in the next year or so one that should be a contender. Look forward to meeting you....

Yeah, I wasn't thinking of doing a DCI corps. Seems like they're for the 1st chair students w/ time to go on tour and stay on a bus 24/7. Well...at least that's the impression I got.

I do intend to find a corps like Mon Valley w/ friendly people and closer by to where I'll be-not exactly sure where that is yet, and if I'm even moving to Southern Cali. Like I had mentioned, it's just an option that might open up to me eventually and I didn't wanna surprise everyone next season by just leaving MVE and showing up in a SoCal line :-p

I'll track you down at DCA, and we could talk...

See ya at Ra Cha-cha....

Jay isn't the one you should worry about there are two very twisted mellies who are the ones to worry about. ^0^

but this is rather sad and depressing you might be leaving. you are one of the few people male or female who come even somewhat close to the level of insanity that torch and i have reached.

Awe CJ-I was thinking of moving out to CO to live w/ my sis, Holly a few months ago when she offered for me to live in her basement apartment but the only reason I didn't was b/c of Mon Valley & you wonderful psycho, creepy guys that make me smile at every practice...:)

So no worries of losing your friend & bus buddy any time soon. It's a very far off plan that isn't set into any kind of motion right now. Just wanted to see what was out there *hugs

Oh #### no.......

No disrespect to my fellow corpmates in So Cal, but we've got a spot here clearly marked for you in the 2007 Renegades contra line. If you're living in so cal, we're talking like a 6 hr drive and we usually have so cal members that make the drive up that you could commute with.

At least come to one camp before you decide on sticking to your regional options. But, once you go evil there's no going back ^0^

Hey Rich, She did call us Cali. <**> Maybe southern california is her thing after all :P J/K Trav