Looking for corps in southern Cali

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, nobody in California calls it "Cali" nor do we call Orange County "The O.C.". For educational purposes here are some of the names of different places/regions of California...

Central Valley (where most of the agriculture is and nobody wants to live)

I plead no contest.

Sacramento (even though it is the capital nothing ever happens there, a real ####hole)

Madonna Inn, San Luis Obispo (where a man can take a pee into a waterfall)

Cholame (where James Dean died)

Strange. I've been to all these places within the past three weeks. Sac was just yesterday

FYI, nobody in California calls it "Cali" nor do we call Orange County "The O.C."...

...nor do we call a certain city by the bay "Frisco". That's a city in Texas. The city in Northern California is San Francisco or simply "the City" to others in the Bay Area.

...nor do we call a certain city by the bay "Frisco". That's a city in Texas. The city in Northern California is San Francisco or simply "the City" to others in the Bay Area.

Wow, are people in California that lazy that they've come up w/ short nicknames for every place they can think of out there? :-p No news on any kind of timing for California or any other place, that is. Def need to get outa PA a.s.a.p tho :blink:

Wow, are people in California that lazy that they've come up w/ short nicknames for every place they can think of out there? :-p No news on any kind of timing for California or any other place, that is. Def need to get outa PA a.s.a.p tho :angry:

cali is a lot bigger than your state :)

and yes.. im born and raised here.. i say cali. but im also from norcal. and yes.. i do say hella

FYI, nobody in California calls it "Cali" nor do we call Orange County "The O.C.". For educational purposes here are some of the names of different places/regions of California...

SoCal (where conservatives live)

NorCal (where liberals live)

Central Coast (that which lies between NorCal and SoCal)

The 909

Valley of the Dirt People (also knows as the 909)

Where dirt goes to die (what lies beyond Valley of the Dirt People)

San Diego (time warp to about 15 years ago)

Donner Pass (people-cicles)

north of NorCal (granola, birkenstocks, and marijuana)

Sacramento (even though it is the capital nothing ever happens there, a real ####hole)

Fresno (armpit of the nation)

Gilroy (garlic capital of the world)

you can also typically tell what part a city/town is in the state, by its name. southern cities typically have a spanish influence name.. norcal...... doesnt.

certain parts california also has every thing you want as well.. the ocean, deserts, mountains, plains, forests, hills, city life, suburban areas, farms, rain, snow, fog, oh.. and :laugh: the best drum corps in the world.

oh yeah.. socal girls suck. its all about the norcal girls.

Edited by cire

you can also typically tell what part a city/town is in the state, by its name. southern cities typically have a spanish influence name.. norcal...... doesnt.

Really? What about San Francisco, San Rafael, San Lorenzo, San Leandro, San Jose, Vallejo, Benicia, Solano, Sonoma, Alameda, San Ramon, Martinez, Contra Costa, Pacheco, Palo Alto, San Mateo, Santa Rosa, Los Gatos, Rio Vista, Moraga, Chico, Sacramento, Rancho Cordova, etc.? But to an extent, you're right. If you head north from the Bay Area, Spanish-influenced names become less common the further you travel. (The northernmost Spanish mission was Mission San Francisco de Solano in present-day Sonoma, which explains the lack of Spanish influence further north.)

oh yeah.. socal girls suck. its all about the norcal girls.

If that's true about the SoCal girls, no wonder they're more popular! :P

As for Northern California girls: I was born and raised there... and I married a girl from New York.

SoCal (where conservatives live)

NorCal (where liberals live)

Central Coast (that which lies between NorCal and SoCal)

The 909

Valley of the Dirt People (also knows as the 909)

Where dirt goes to die (what lies beyond Valley of the Dirt People)

San Diego (time warp to about 15 years ago)

Donner Pass (people-cicles)

north of NorCal (granola, birkenstocks, and marijuana)

Fresno (armpit of the nation)

Gilroy (garlic capital of the world)

I have to say I'm 100% in agreement with you about Fresno.

:P