DCI Atlanta: A 23 Corps Buffet!

THat was great....much improvement....some problems in the horns toward the beginning, and of course as mentioned, the percussion...I totally see this in the top 17

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, ending needs to be reworked asap... Good show Southwind

great show! I liked it southwind...haven't seen it before.

cavaliers drill moves there...

Southwind, like many other corps, use Cavalier like drill every year. Southwind is super guilty of this, but so what its cool stuff.

Yeah I agree, but they have a decent brass line that helps them out. They have nice impact moments that could be capitalized on a little more, but so far so good....

I most definitely agree! They are so much fun to watch live, too....something I've NEVER said about SW before.

When you watch again...check out that exposed brass lick right about 2/3 into the show. You can hear the "click" of the horns up when the high brass and low brass do their horns up... It's great! That whole lick is pretty cool.... I also enjoy the Firebird near the end.

Cascades and Magic commentary now available on Box Center.

I most definitely agree! They are so much fun to watch live, too....something I've NEVER said about SW before.

When you watch again...check out that exposed brass lick right about 2/3 into the show. You can hear the "click" of the horns up when the high brass and low brass do their horns up... It's great! That whole lick is pretty cool.... I also enjoy the Firebird near the end.

They just need a little more umph somewhere, but you can tell that the talent level is there. Who is next?

Southwind, like many other corps, use Cavalier like drill every year. Southwind is super guilty of this, but so what its cool stuff.

If anyone can pull that drill off, I'll route for them! Good job Southwind!