Binghamton NY scores

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT FOR BUCS!!!!!!

looks like a barn burner in Rochester!

NO not really. The spread between Buccs and Empire grows each week. Now its OVER 2 points.

The race is for 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Check out the scores from week one Jeff. Also, check out the same thing for the past ?? years.

Still, could be interesting. ^0^

2 points with a month to go is nothing dude.

and spreads always tighten in August

way to go SKY!!!

still tight.

Sorry, but I gotta jump in...

Is the spread between Bucs and Empire actually getting BIGGER? I saw these two corps a month ago and thought Empire beat Bucs by 3 points (easy). I was shocked that Bucs beat them that night.

I USED to know something about this activity; my assessment that night was that Empire actually put in the hard work, their show was done, and their performers were more prepared (what a concept).

But then some people who DO know what the activity is all about told me about "derived achievement." Apparently it doesn't matter HOW well you do it, it's WHAT the judge assumes you're trying to do.

But if a corps is sloppy and runs out of gas, then how do know WHAT they're trying to do? Do you pretend that it's what you saw Phantom do a couple years ago? Does the judge just get to project that this under-prepared early-July DCA corps is really mid-August 1996 Phantom Regiment?

Obviously, I haven't seen a show in a month, maybe the Bucs are really cookin' right now.

It just bothers me that the judging system doesn't encourage corps to get their darn show done, and develop some endurance before going out in front of paying customers.

And the corps that DO work hard, get their show done, and develop their members into strong, charismatic performers are penalized because the "experts" think they "make it look too easy."

By the way, DCP is outstanding! Kudos to those who created it.

Tom Allen

Fan

Rochester, NY

http://www.geocities.com/tomallentraining/

Edited by Tom D'Bomb

way to go SKY!!!

This is probably the most musical hornline I've heard from Skyliners in some time ! One always expects the worse when you see small numbers, but the overall corps quality was outstanding ! Drumline played well and the guard was very supportive...

Keep doin' what you're doin' !

Rick Rogers, Jr.

White Sabers