Atlanta scores!

LOL LOL, again, based on what ?? You crack me up !! Even if the entire audience last night leaped up and flipped out of their seat, how can yo make that staement ?? Please, quit while you are behind !

~G~

Sorry you are WRONG! Others have vouched for it on this thread. Don't tell me what I saw and heard. You weren't there. YOu don't know.

Your hate is blinding....and pathetic.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave them a cold response in Columbia SC.

Were these shows before or after the changes? This show is 1000 times better than it was a few weeks ago. It was an utter mess actually. I cannot say that now. They are putting it together. (and they took out some of that pesky singing you loathe..you should be happy)

Last time I saw them was in Columbia and i totally agree with you.....Its wwwaaayyyy better than it was a month ago....I was slightly disappointed at Columbia....but last night I enjoyed they show and it was one of my favorites of the night!

Last time I saw them was in Columbia and i totally agree with you.....Its wwwaaayyyy better than it was a month ago....I was slightly disappointed at Columbia....but last night I enjoyed they show and it was one of my favorites of the night!

Thanks.... I appreciate the support. Apparently though Gmichael and Tsar Nikk just can't accept people actually LIKE the show.

I'm not even a huge Cadets fan and Yet here I am going to bat for them :worthy: This DCP is a strange place

Thanks.... I appreciate the support. Apparently though Gmichael and Tsar Nikk just can't accept people actually LIKE the show.

Dude, don't be a tool...this is NOT what I was saying at all. You are either twisting words around on purpose, or your reading comprehension is in need of help. I merely stated that it was difficult to tell what other sections were doing in MY area. Apparently, in the lower deck, it was easier to tell how the entire lower deck reacted. That's all fine and dandy...all I am saying is that the crowd reactions were not the same in my area. I never said I had a problem with anyone liking the show, and you weaken any argument you have to make when you make up stuff like that.

I'm not even a huge Cadets fan and Yet here I am going to bat for them :worthy: This DCP is a strange place

I'm a fan of the Cadets....but thats not the point of this debate.....the show has improved a great deal....end of story

Dude, don't be a tool...this is NOT what I was saying at all. You are either twisting words around on purpose, or your reading comprehension is in need of help. I merely stated that it was difficult to tell what other sections were doing in MY area. Apparently, in the lower deck, it was easier to tell how the entire lower deck reacted. That's all fine and dandy...all I am saying is that the crowd reactions were not the same in my area. I never said I had a problem with anyone liking the show, and you weaken any argument you have to make when you make up stuff like that.

Agreed. My apologies. I guess I get my panties in a wad when people tell me what I saw. I completely understand your POV now.

Changing the subject a bit -- I have to give props to the crowd in Atlanta! This was by far the best show of the season for me as a spectator; everyone around me was quiet during the performances! It was a knowledgeable crowd, they were animated between corps and enjoyed talking about what they had just seen/who was coming up (and very quick to applaud, cheer, scream when the performance merited it and at the end of each corps performance), but none of the mindless chatter, cell phone conversations, etc. that has plagued every other show I've been to this season. Yay for an audience that knows how to behave at a DCI show!!! I'd sign up right now for another regional in Atlanta next year.

In contrast, the show at Tennessee Tech was the absolute worst show I've ever been to! Zero crowd control, much confusion about seat numbering that led to people standing and arguing during corps performances, and a crowd that apparently all thought they'd bought tickets for a football game or a WWF match. It was a disaster...please tell me it will be back at MTSU next year! If it won't, I'm going to save my money for another show. MTSU has tons of experience and puts on a great regional. I know it was last minute for Tech, but they dropped the ball on all counts as far as handling an event of this magnitude is concerned.

On the lower level around me, it was not so good. The people around us were great about being quiet during the performances, but the noise level from the concessions stands and souvenir booths was REALLY, REALLY intrusive and annoying - especially during the earlier corps. It was better for the final, oh 6 or so. At points it was difficult to hear the corps.

Also, the logistics on the lower level was pretty bad. LONG lines at all of the concession stands, from each side of the corridor. This left no walkway at all, and you had to weave in and out of the lines to get anywhere. Was challenging to move around or get anything done.

Sorry you are WRONG! Others have vouched for it on this thread. Don't tell me what I saw and heard. You weren't there. YOu don't know.

Your hate is blinding....and pathetic.

I was there, I wouldnt waste my time responding if I wasnt there. Think what you want, you are allowed, its ok.

~G~

Well....to add my bit:

In the UPPER DECK, where many of the HS band students were sitting, The Cadets got great reactions and I will say, some of the best of the night next to the Cavies. So....to me..this means that potential future marchers dug them.

On the lower level around me, it was not so good. The people around us were great about being quiet during the performances, but the noise level from the concessions stands and souvenir booths was REALLY, REALLY intrusive and annoying - especially during the earlier corps. It was better for the final, oh 6 or so. At points it was difficult to hear the corps.

Also, the logistics on the lower level was pretty bad. LONG lines at all of the concession stands, from each side of the corridor. This left no walkway at all, and you had to weave in and out of the lines to get anywhere. Was challenging to move around or get anything done.

I bought my tickets later than I meant to and ended up on the top level. I think I'm glad I did after hearing your report! It was great up there, other than being a million mile walk up from the entrance, and back down...