Charlotte, NC

It will be interesting to see what the recaps have in store. Last night I about went to sleep during BK's show.

I hope that during your sleep the Dar Knights gave you a nightmare!!!! ^0^ LOL

W. Perkins

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

W. Perkins

Dark Knights sorry!!

I will say this....Blue Knight's shows are always boring at first....and usually stay that way....but maybe this one will grow on me....

Wah wah wah wah, do you want a tissue? Come on folks give them their props.

Just back from Nightbeat, and yes, I will give BK props for their show. I enjoyed it, but Crown bested them tonight in everything except percussion in my opinion. I had two diehard Blue Knights fans sit below me tonight that thought Crown was better, and were surprised BK was over Crown. Thanks to Matt and Carie for being good sports with a Crown alum. I will take you both up on the dinner invite in Denver when I go out west next year.

Wesley-

I am not trying to dis your corps in general. As I said, it's just not my cup of tea. If it bored me, it doesn't mean that it was bad. My point was that it was not clean, and I can't understand why they get better and better scores, when they don't appear to be getting better. I was in the upper deck in ATL (survived the flood of section 324) where I could see drill very well, and they looked really sloppy to me. Sorry, but it's my opinion.

There is always BOA for you to watch, oh wait that would be artsy. Come to think of it isn't music an art form? I rest my case!!! By the way you should really check their drill again, because for much of the show they move at 170+. Must be an artsy thing!!!

W. Perkins

And, Wesley....I don't like BOA that much because it gets too cheesy. "artsy" is maybe not the best term, but I can't think of another one that better describes how I feel. It just seems to me that way too much emphasis in DCI is placed on how much the horns can dance, and wave their arms, and spin, and do ballet foot motions, and pull ribbons, and imitate animals, and all manner of stuff that has nothing to do with producing music, which is, to me, the primary function of the hornline. It seems that producing music has been relegated to a secondary role, and that dancing is what really counts.

And, here's another statement sure to raise a stink- Cadets, to me, seem like a very well-done BOA show this year. I go to see drum corps because it's NOT BOA.

There. I said it.

Technically, Spirit's score did jump three points since the last time they were judged (Saturday night). Of course the real issue is a corps' score compared to others.

I don't see how the decreased spread had anything to do with an "typical afternoon to evening drop".

"Technically", you are right. My point was that the three point increase wasn't 'out of nowhere', since they had scored 83.875 just a few hours earlier - and a score drop in the evening show is to be expected.

I wasn't making any comment on the Spirit/Crown spread, just that their Nightbeat score wasn't completely out of context with previous scores. Besides, maybe Spirit just put on a heck of a show in Charlotte. I wasn't there to see, so I'm not trying to make a point specifically about their performance - just that from night to night a corps can either be on fire or have a flat night.

I'm not going to lie:

I didn't go to nightbeat, but was at Atlanta... and if B had beaten Crown at Atlanta, I would not have been terribly surpized... they are the real deal this year.

I heard Crown didn't have a great show last night, but still... this is a GREAT BK corps.

~>conner

W. Perkins

Ha! I slept very well! Thank you! :)