Quarterfinals and hotel check in

The hotel I'm staying at in Madison doesn't allow you to check in until 4pm. From past experience, I'm pretty sure quarterfinals start before then on Thursday (and run until LATE that night). When am I supposed to check in? At 11pm or later after quarterfinals are over? Has anyone else ever ran into this problem? I might just have to miss the first part of quarterfinals.

The hotel I'm staying at in Madison doesn't allow you to check in until 4pm. From past experience, I'm pretty sure quarterfinals start before then on Thursday (and run until LATE that night). When am I supposed to check in? At 11pm or later after quarterfinals are over? Has anyone else ever ran into this problem? I might just have to miss the first part of quarterfinals.

Check in late, but be sure you are guaranteed for late arrival. If you have not done this your room may be released, and best of luck trying to find another room elsewhere.

Check in late, but be sure you are guaranteed for late arrival. If you have not done this your room may be released, and best of luck trying to find another room elsewhere.

If that's the case, then I would just check in at 4pm and not risk losing my room.

OK. Just called the hotel. They said early check in is possible, but they cannot guarantee anything will be available. She said just to come anytime from noon to 4pm and they'll try to check me in early. I think that's what I'll do. Worst case scenario: I check in at 4pm and miss a little bit of quarterfinals. Not ideal, but I would survive.

Looking forward to a great week in Mad-town!

Even if you can't get into your room then, I would just go to the hotel front desk before quarterfinals begin and do all the paperwork involved with checking in, and go ahead and pay for your room (whether it be with a credit card or cash). That way, you've got your room in case they are overbooked or some other snafu occurs.

BTW, quarters begin at 2:30, so if you wait until after 4 p.m. to get to the stadium, you will miss the first six corps. There is a 60-minute intermission scheduled for 4:12 p.m., with the 17th-seeded corps stepping off at 5:12.

Even if you can't get into your room then, I would just go to the hotel front desk before quarterfinals begin and do all the paperwork involved with checking in, and go ahead and pay for your room (whether it be with a credit card or cash). That way, you've got your room in case they are overbooked or some other snafu occurs.

BTW, quarters begin at 2:30, so if you wait until after 4 p.m. to get to the stadium, you will miss the first six corps. There is a 60-minute intermission scheduled for 4:12 p.m., with the 17th-seeded corps stepping off at 5:12.

Thanks for the info.

If that's the case, then I would just check in at 4pm and not risk losing my room.

If you tell them in your reservation that you will be arriving late, they can guarantee your reservation for a late arrival. You just need to be sure you have done this in advance. If you have, you run no more risk of losing your room than you do if you arrived early.

I work for Marriott in the front office and as long as you have a credit card put down for your room it is guarenteed for you until 6:00AM the next morning. It is a good idea to call ahead and let them know when you will be arriving. As far as early check-ins go, if you arrive at the hotel early and (now this is the key) BE NICE TO THE FRONT DESK PERSON, they will do their best to get the room cleaned. Most cases they will call the housekeeping department and ask them to put a rush on the room and they will begin to clean it immediately or as soon as they are done cleaning the previous room. On average it takes about 25-35 minutes to clean the room, based on size and different amenities that are in the room.

One more thing, please remember to tip your valet, bellmen, servers, room service, front desk, concierge, etc... They live off their tips will have a bad impression on drum corps if you don't tip accordingly...

Thank you, and I hope everyone enjoys their stay in Madison.