Binghamton Show Reviews (7/29)?

Will there be any reviews posted for the Binghamton show this past weekend?

Despite the change of venue and the lovely weather (definitely sarcastic) it was a great show...

I marched that night with the White Sabers. One of the things I noticed was that the stadium was a very good place to have a show. We were pretty close to the crowd in spite of the track. I love being able to see the actual faces of the crowd when I play. I think the audience gets a bigger bang for their buck. The stadium wasn't full, but it looked like it had a fair amount of people there. I believe the stadium can be filled next year as this show continues to grow. I'm not sure what the capacity is, but I bet its one of the larger stadiums that we've played in. The seats go up pretty high.

The field to us was pretty good. No complaints. I also thought that the crowd was very responsive to what we did and what other corps did that night. I think the stadium helped in that regard.

The only suggestion I would have is that portapottys be placed where possible(if possible) outside the stadium. There is a 2 hr block of time when corps get there and warm up and there are no facilities available unless you break and go into the stadium. Breaking at that point is a very hard thing to do effectively.

It did rain off and on during the show. We only felt a few drops, so we got lucky. None of the corps appeared to be hampered by the rain.

Now that I set up the suroundings etc. I'll let someone else do the actual review.

Thanks - Mark

Edited by mcg155

hey mark - i too though about the bathroom situation ... i walked all the way around to the spectator side, only to learn that the bathrooms on our side were actually open (no one knew though!)

Am I to think that no one from DCP was in attendence here to right a review? I know there are a lot of Pennsylvania DCPers out there, and Binghamton isn't too far away.

Hey Kyle - from behind the field, while I was loading the truck - Bush sounded pretty stellar. Congrats. :)