Where to stay in Madison for cheap or free.....

Well guys, Ive secured a way to get myself to Madison.....being an airline employee has its perks, ya know!

However, as this is a recent development, I havent yet secured any housing/transportation.

Anyone know of some inexpensive means to keep a roof over my head for two nights in madison?

Also, perhaps there may be some DCP'ers who wants to/needs to split the cost of a room and transportation with a recently minted BD alum?

Any info or advice about the town in these regards is geatly appreciated!

And um....GO DEVS! 12 & 21!

Well guys, Ive secured a way to get myself to Madison.....being an airline employee has its perks, ya know!

However, as this is a recent development, I havent yet secured any housing/transportation.

Anyone know of some inexpensive means to keep a roof over my head for two nights in madison?

Also, perhaps there may be some DCP'ers who wants to/needs to split the cost of a room and transportation with a recently minted BD alum?

Any info or advice about the town in these regards is geatly appreciated!

And um....GO DEVS! 12 & 21!

Hopefully you can find a fellow alum or something to bunk up with. Housing was particularly rough to find, and I think all the hotels are booked solid, even in the surrounding areas. Best of luck!

This is the easiest question of all !!

If you marched in drum corps and your corps is still going, why not bunck with them ??

All you have to do is find out where they are staying call the corps director and ask him or her first, even if you have to take a cab it'll be cheaper!!

You may even get a meal or three free.

One more thing, it helps if you are in good standing with the corps too !! B)

This is the easiest question of all !!

If you marched in drum corps and your corps is still going, why not bunck with them ??

All you have to do is find out where they are staying call the corps director and ask him or her first, even if you have to take a cab it'll be cheaper!!

You may even get a meal or three free.

One more thing, it helps if you are in good standing with the corps too !! B)

Dang it! That's a good idea. Wish I had thought of it before!

You might want to offer to help cook and serve a meal during your stay though.

You might want to offer to help cook and serve a meal during your stay though.

You know, by this part of the tour, if you offer to cook or something and you're ALUMNI they MAY fly you there and it won't cost you a thing, except your tickets for the shows !!

What the heck, free food and lodgings and all you have to do is serve a few meals and the cook staff will love you for the help.

The kids may get a kick having ALUMNI around during finals week as well !! B)

This became available, again, one double room at Select Inn, Select Inn then go to accomodations, select Wizzconsin and then Madison. Don't contact them though, this is just to show you where and what they have. It's 5 miles from the airport.

Price is around $50-55 per day and is available Wed - Sun

Let me know by Saturday or will cancel. First to respond gets it.

RM