Bluecoats Percussion - Finals Week

so even though bd is ranked 2nd in perc and has beaten PR multiple times this season and is the only corps to do so head to head....they are dirty to you???

Now dont go putting words in my mouth. I mentioned NOTHING of Blue Devils, ranking, or Phantom Regiment. YOU did. I am making a comment on the judging criteria. PERIOD. If it's not done well, you dont get credits for 10 thousand flam chut drag diddle whatevers. It doesnt matter. Style choice should have no effect on a judge, there is a Music Effect judge for that. A Percussion judge has Technicality and Musicality criteria. If Tom Augnst's book is clean, they get a good score. If Scott Johnson's book is clean, its clean. On the field, you are judged for the execution of your own book, not one judge favoring a 'more challenging book' as you so adequately put it. Everyone's styles are different, and they are judged against themselves, and not any other group out there.

I think Phantom should get to the top first.

Bluecoats might tie for first in drums and I would be mighty happy for them.

Phantom just looks like they have more chi and have worked hard to get here.

Love the BD show. Very smooth line.

SCV looks like they are headed back up as well. Kewl.

Mom

Hey Vic, I have to admit, BD has got to be in the discussion for the drum title. Numbers don't lie and it's just a really great drumline to boot. However, it is really cool to see the drum title being so tightly contested and two of the corps have the word Blue!

DW

It's not alwaays what you play but how you play it.In Madison the gloves are off and may the best Blue win.

Go Coats

BLUUUUUUUUUU!

Having seen all 3 lines multiple times now, I don't think Phantom can touch the Blue teams in terms of difficulty, but on the other hand, I don't see the Blue teams touching Phantom in cleanliness.

Gonna depend on the Saturday night judge's taste. Personally, I'd give it to the harder books, but that's just my taste. I like the idea of rewarding difficulty. If something is a 9/10 in cleanliness and a 10/10 in difficulty, I'd put it over the group that's a 10/10 cleanliness and 9/10 difficulty any day. Especially when it comes to visual... but that's another story. :)