Was just watching Cavies '02...

I love that the corps started selling flags that had been used in an actual show (1998). I think it'd be neat if other corps started doing that - though I can imagine it would be obnoxious to bring that into the stands. :P

I love that the corps started selling flags that had been used in an actual show (1998). I think it'd be neat if other corps started doing that - though I can imagine it would be obnoxious to bring that into the stands. :P

How much for Jessica Allen's??

"You mean she actually touched this ....??" :blink:

Edited by Liam

Nikk,

The doofus was sitting in the middle of one of the two Cavie blocks. I know because I was another doofus in it. Many of us had flags, although this one was rather extreme. The reason he survived was that not a person in that block would have complained. The Cavaliers alumni sold/handed out flags at the pre-show party. We made sure that our Cavaliers could see the block of supporters from the field.

BTW, as I understand it, the Cavaliers sell their original silks at the end of the season. Usually goes to schools that want to incorporate the flags into their show. As I remember, they are not sold individually.

BTW, as I understand it, the Cavaliers sell their original silks at the end of the season. Usually goes to schools that want to incorporate the flags into their show. As I remember, they are not sold individually.

Ah, cool.

I remember thinking some rude, snide thought about 'all these bandwagon Cavies fans popping out of the woodwork'...but after the Cavies finished their show, I thought well even if they were bandwagon they certainly have a reason to be cheering! Heck of a show...

I had been on the bandwagon for three years. That was my son's age out show. BTW it was a corpswagon!

i was told that the reason for the enourmous amount of flags was actually a little corps rivalry. the cadets were handing out some red flags or whatever to all their alumni and fans, and they were told to waive them during finals nights, especially during the Cavalier's performance. The green team found out about this and got on the phone with as many alumni as possible....told them to bring flags, or pick one up at the souvie booth. you may have also seen a lot of people wearing green leis at finals...that was also part of the plan. obviously it worked.