2006 Phantom

No offense here but I must have missed the section on the score sheet that says Creativity points go here!!!

I'm not going to touch the trolls comments...

but the section on the spread sheet that says "creativity points go here" is the composition portion of the scores.

so it is judged... regardless of your cutesy comment or not.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other gems by "Dans:"

The Cadets have clearly been slotted by the judging community at this point.

The judging community has obviously decided the Cadets will come in 5th this year no matter how good they become, what a shame.

Because the judging (I use the term loosely) community has decided about a month ago that the 2006 Cadets are not worthy of merit.

Come on now George, we all know you can't hold Phantom to the same standards as the Cadets.

Some of us still remember the way Phantom showed Cadets a lack of respect at finals last year. Phantom showed an arrogance and lack of class and I see their fans have similar traits. Enjoy your party now cause the Cadets aren't going to lay down and die, the fat lady aint singing yet!

Talk about not understanding what you're watching, but of course Phantom gets a pass on this because they are not the Cadets.

Phantom plays very well but is very bland and un-interesting.

This corps is a powerful machine and I would bet they are the corps the Cavaliers and Blue Devils are looking over their shoulder at. Go Cadets!!!!!!

"Phantom won Percussion again!" That will come to an end this week when they see Cadets!

This corps is going to be freaking amazing! I know, some will accuse me of being bias, some will say several corps are predicting greatness this season, but I'm telling you, there is something really special brewing with the Cadets. Obviously some will not care for the 2006 Cadets just because they are the Cadets, but I think many will be suprised how cool their show is this year! As you stand and watch this corps, one can't help but realize there are some great minds at work here! Bring on the season, the Cadets should do very well!

-----------

I don't think it would be too crazy to say that at this point, you are just really, really disappointed that your favourite corps is not scoring as well as others, and your reaction to that is to lash out at another corps. It's your opinion, of course, and maybe one day once the season is over you'll be able to look at Regiment 2006 and see it in an unbiased way, and see it for the exciting show that it is.

But if you don't, and if you choose to prop up the Cadets by saying that the things Regiment is doing are ten years out of date (a ridiculous comment, and one that makes your drum corps knowledge suspect), then I don't think anyone is going to really care. Because frankly, most of the audiences Regiment has played to don't seem to hold the same opinion.

Live by the judges, die by the judges. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Have a great day! :)

P.S. I would implore phans and phormer members not to give in to the temptation to blast this guy...he is after all just stating his opinion, and we don't need to speak for the corps...the fact that they are less than 1 point away from the front runner speaks for itself. Plus it would give us a black eye. Let's just thank him for his opinion and tell him to have a nice day.

I'm glad you have nothing better to do than dig up all my previous entries on here to try and ridicule me and make yourself look so important. I stand by the way I felt at the time I made my previous postings. The Cadets did have a world of potential going into this season, just didn't pan out the way it could have for them this year, I can handle that just fine though. Yes, it's no suprprise to anyone on here that I'm a Cadets fan, if you can't deal with it that is your problem. My thoughts about Phantom or any other corps have nothing to do with the Cadets. For your information I thought Phantom was the best in 2003 and possibly should have won. It appears as though the real bias here is not in my ability to evaluate other corps objectively because I'm a Cadets fan. The problem here is your bias against me because I'm a Cadets fan. I apologize if I offended anyone from the Phantom Regiment organization, I was just giving an honest evaluation. Oh well, enough, Tsar if you want to run me through the mud again go ahead, have fun!

I realize that I will certainly be ripped and ridiculed for expressing my opinion, and that's fine. These days, opinions must fit within the guidelines of certain individuals that frequent this forum to be given consideration. Last evening, by some mis-alignment of the planets, the Phantom Regiment came within 1 point of the Cavaliers? Quite honestly the creativity, innovation and visual eye candy the Cavaliers offer is on a different level to Phantoms tired, re-hashed and boring Fuast presentation. For god sakes there were guard members in Phantom literally tripping over their flags last evening, not to mention equipment drops at key moments. I will say their hornline can play loud, but I heard several nasty, crass sounds coming from them last night. As far as a percussion section goes, I seem to remember hearing one a few times. They are supposed to have this great persussion section, if so, why don't they use them? Percussion has a secondary role in their 2006 presentaion, makes you wonder at the scores they get. 2006 Phantom just flat out lacks creativity, innovation and entertainment value for this long time drum corps fan, and is quite frankly like watching paint dry. Might have been a good show 10 years ago though. If by some bizarre occurance Phantom wins this year, I for one will be left scratching my head. Oh well, flame away, ready set go!

Your opinion does not fit within the guidelines of certain individuals who frequent this forum. Therefore, I will not consider them. You'll get no flame from me. Now, if there is nothing further, I bid you good day, sir.

I said good day, sir!

I thought Phantom was the best in 2003 and possibly should have won.

Ok - Phantom was my favorite corps in 2003, but the show design this years is VASTLY superior to the design of 2003, especially from a visual standpoint. You threw me when you threw in this comment about 2003. Interesting.

Ok - Phantom was my favorite corps in 2003, but the show design this years is VASTLY superior to the design of 2003, especially from a visual standpoint. You threw me when you threw in this comment about 2003. Interesting.

In 2003 Phantom was way more appealing musically and emotionally, in my opinion.

In 2003 Phantom was way more appealing musically and emotionally, in my opinion.

Musically and emotionally - yes...but visually, it was not very appealing IMO. This years show is a complete package and the staging of the guard is top notch!

Those three little words....

I was there last night. Cavaliers and Phantom are both GREAT. Cavaliers have a flawless show. Attention to detail is impeccable. Phantom doesn't perform as cleanly as Cavaliers, but their show was more emotion packed and they display a wider range of effects than Cavaliers. Cavies' brass is lush and flawless like their show, but I wish they played louder in general. Cavaliers' show is accesible to the masses and rely's heavily on the humorous portrayal of robots. Phantom's show is darker, but they nevertheless connected with the audience better. The crowd gave Phantom a much louder and longer ovation. If Phantom gets a little cleaner it will be a close race. Congrats to both.

Cadets have improved immensely. The crowd seemed to immediately break into buzzing conversations as soon as their ovation had ended. Would love to have been a fly in the middle of each of those. Right when the Cadets' show started the person sitting behind me said under her breath, "Oh no, they're doing that door thing again this year."