Allentown 2007 Dates

It was posted last night outside J. Birney Crum Stadium the dates for 2007 Allentown show.

It will be July 7th and July 8th 2007.

Yep a Saturday and Sunday show.

Also, overheard from a few people who were wearing DCI East volunteer shirts that 2007 will probably be the last year in Allentown.

They lost a ton of money with the upper deck closed

They did talk among themselves and those around them who care to join in that 4 sites have been preliminary discussed to host the show. UCONN - Rutgers - U of DEL. and U of Md.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend Delaware in another thread. I mile from Interstate 95, stands cose to field, plenty of potential housing (including housing being used for Allentown right now). Close enough to retain much of the top notch volunteer staff.

The last time I was at Maryland they didn't have that upper deck, my got that picture makes it almost look straight up in the air! Was that there when DCI finals were in Maryland?

I'm not sure the front side of Delaware would be big enough (22k total so I'd say about 8k on the front side).

Rutgers looks about the right size (not too big, not too small), and it's a nice modern stadium. And it is also close enough to Allentown to keep some housing and volunteers.

Edited by boilerman_05

I vote for UofDel. Great stadium, good college town, right off I95 and access to two airports - Philly and BWI

It was posted last night outside J. Birney Crum Stadium the dates for 2007 Allentown show.

It will be July 7th and July 8th 2007.

Yep a Saturday and Sunday show.

Also, overheard from a few people who were wearing DCI East volunteer shirts that 2007 will probably be the last year in Allentown.

They lost a ton of money with the upper deck closed

They did talk among themselves and those around them who care to join in that 4 sites have been preliminary discussed to host the show. UCONN - Rutgers - U of DEL. and U of Md.

Finals were in that stadium in 2000

Even more reason why it should be in Maryland next year.

Edited by Carlosvi7

Maryland would be verrry nice. It's less then an hour drive from my house-- and the tripple deck on the front side is perfect for a drum corps competition! Look what a great view everyone will have. I'm pulling for Maryland here.