Corps Housing for Madison

Pioneer will be rehearsing at Pioneerland though, for those interested.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past Phantom always goes to Lodi HS in Lodi, WI. I don't know for sure if they are there, but it might be worth a shot. They usually have a few coprs there. I'm gonna try and get into the Cadet and Cavies over the next few days. Both so close.

Hasn't PR done closed rehearsal on Finals week for a while? I'm guessing on that but I know we did it last year too.... it's not a new thing. I think it's very understandable.... Mostly, I think they just don't want families coming in and distracting members. This is an important week and rehearsal is necessary. Family can see members after each show. Actually, last year (and I'm not sure if they're doing it this year too) the Tuesday of Finals week, there was a night we had an open dress rehearsal and anyone could come.

Plus, maybe they're planning some special stuff.... closed rehearsal mean that fans won't know about it until it hits the field. That's much more exciting.

From the Phantom Regiment website......

Phan night this Wednesday evening

Wednesday evening from 6:00 pm to 11:30 pm at Deerfield High School in Deerfield, Wisconsin (Hwy 73 into the town of Deerfield, turn north onto Simonson Blvd to the school).

We will be in ensemble rehearsal from 6 pm to 9 pm, and then the members have off until 11:30 pm.

Please join us for snack after. The souvenir trailer will be open (beat the Madison rush!) as well.

From the Phantom Regiment website......

Phan night this Wednesday evening

Wednesday evening from 6:00 pm to 11:30 pm at Deerfield High School in Deerfield, Wisconsin (Hwy 73 into the town of Deerfield, turn north onto Simonson Blvd to the school).

We will be in ensemble rehearsal from 6 pm to 9 pm, and then the members have off until 11:30 pm.

Please join us for snack after. The souvenir trailer will be open (beat the Madison rush!) as well.

This is what I read a couple of weeks ago, from Phantom's tour itinerary -- no mention of a Phan night at that time. The impression I got was that they didn't want anyone around any part of the week. The Phan night is a nice addition...and may make some fans (or Phans!) who were turned off by this schedule feel a little better about things.

DCI CHAMPIONSHIPS WEEK

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we have closed rehearsals during finals week. We encourage you to visit the beautiful city of Madison and other cities in the region while attending the DCI championships!

Monday, August 7: Closed rehearsal

Tuesday, August 8: Closed rehearsal

Wednesday, August 9: Closed rehearsal

Thursday, August 10: Closed rehearsal and quarter-finals contest at Camp Randall

Friday, August 11: Closed rehearsal and semi-finals contest at Camp Randall

Saturday, August 12: Closed rehearsal and World Finals performance at Camp Randall

Members are free to depart the corps at 1 am after Finals performance has concluded.

Buses depart at 2am for Rockford and following airports: Chicago O'Hare; Midway; Indianapolis.

I'm a drum corp fan. Rockford is 45 minutes away. Scouts have spring training 1/2 hr. away. I go and watch both every year. Pat Siedling was nice enough to give me a tour of their offices, check out all the pictures, and even give me some free sovies. All for coming and watching practice all day, and NOT saying a word, unless spoken to first. How's that for disturbing a practice?? Don't crap on me just because I'm a new poster.

Touchy touchy! I wasn't "crapping on" you personally -- just pointing out that Phantom fans who can't watch them will likely go and watch somebody else. And I didn't mean that you were disrespectful or would disturb a practice. Most people I've seen at any practice have been quiet, kept their distance and generally took pains to be good spectators. Still, the impression Phantom's original rehearsal schedule gave (see post above) was that they didn't want anyone at their rehearsals; and that led me to believe they were afraid of the members being distracted by fans. Like I said, the Phan night is a nice step toward dispelling that notion.

From Cavies website:

The Cavaliers will be rehearsing at North Central College all day on Tuesday, August 8, with the evening ensemble block running from approximately 6 to 9 pm, (weather-permitting) before they head to their DCI housing in Portage, WI.