Madison Scouts 2006

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem here is quite simple, really.

From a musical standpoint, the quality of the design and just plain overall quality of the shows the Madison Scouts performed in the '90s (the ones they are known for) were, purely objectively, leaps and bounds above those of their show this year.

How can they fix this? Design better shows.

Not that hard.

Right. . .that is why everyone is doing it. :huh:

Believe it or not, the average age, talent, stamina, retention rate and maturity of the corps was higher in 2006 than 2005.

The youngest member of the hornline (16) placed 2nd in baritone solo I&E competition.

And to note, as an 05-06 member who just got back, it kinda hurts (a lot) to read these comments... so I'll stop now.

Well - I hope you read this one because I, and everyone around me (Including the Spirit staff one row ahead) gave you a huge standing ovation in San Antonio - I think you had a great show - an incredible drumline - as always - and an incredible hornline. I am looking forward to seeing the Scouts next year!

Thanks for all of your hard work!

And to note, as an 05-06 member who just got back, it kinda hurts (a lot) to read these comments... so I'll stop now.

To the 05, 06 member, please do not take these ramblings on this site as the feelings of drum corps fans and/or The Scouts alumni.

I marched in the Alumni Corps on Friday night and it was an honor to be representing the Madison Scouts again but

YOU are the Madsion Scouts now. The biggest honor was meeting the current Scouts, putting our arms around each other

and singing never walk. I feel the best thing to come out of the alumni corps for me is the close tie I feel again with the current

Madsion Scouts. It is our responsibility to ensure that the Scouts carry on so in 20 or 30 years maybe you can relive the past

like we did. Its a shame that the Bridgemen, Anahiem, and 27th are all gone now and their alumni corps are all they have.

We have the best of both worlds because we saw you guys carrying on the great legacy of the Madison Scouts while we were

able to put out an "old school" product for everyone. The Scouts are heading in the right direction brother, the talent level

and athleticism of you guys astounded me. You got better each time I saw you this year and you put on your finest show of the

year on Sat. night. Thats what life is all about, do your best always and you can and will always hold your head up high.

I hope you're able to come back and march with the Scouts again next year and help continue their journey back to the top.

Thank you and all my other young brothers for a great year. :peek::huh::wacko:

A special hey to my new "immediate family" members from the bass drum line. It was great meeting you all.

Edited by bass5

I for one think that the Madison Scouts cleaned the heck out of their show. I saw them In Cookeville prior to the rain and I saw them Saturday in Madison - and the work they had poured into it was very obvious. Their placement is more a reflection of the quality of the entire playing field rather than any inadequacies on their part. Difficult show, and in the end the performance was one to be proud of. I thought the drill was very intricate and difficult - and quite clean at FInals. The music may not have been as "dynamic" as in the 90's but it was a great show performed well. My hats off to the Scouts.

I for one think that the Madison Scouts cleaned the heck out of their show. I saw them In Cookeville prior to the rain and I saw them Saturday in Madison - and the work they had poured into it was very obvious. Their placement is more a reflection of the quality of the entire playing field rather than any inadequacies on their part. Difficult show, and in the end the performance was one to be proud of. I thought the drill was very intricate and difficult - and quite clean at FInals. The music may not have been as "dynamic" as in the 90's but it was a great show performed well. My hats off to the Scouts.

Here Here!!

Believe it or not, the average age, talent, stamina, retention rate and maturity of the corps was higher in 2006 than 2005.

The youngest member of the hornline (16) placed 2nd in baritone solo I&E competition.

Well, as a fellow alum, who performed at the show on wednesday night

and saw your show before I went on, I was (and am) very impressed with

the 2006 Scouts. Yes there was dirt for much of the season, but

you guys cleaned the h### out of it and in the end, it really came together.

You took a nearly impossible show, gave it 150% and made it work.

Don't let anyone's comments on here make you feel less about what you accomplished!

We, the Madison Scouts Alumni are proud of you. I can't say that enough.

And every time I got the chance to talk to any of you, I swelled with pride!