Quarterfinals at the Theater

That's... very discouraging. If you're not able to travel the long distance to Madison this theater broadcast is the best that we can do. It's very kind of DCI to even offer this kind of treatment for us-- they're trying their best so that everybody can see the drum corps they love even if they're all the way on the other side of the country. And there you go, squashing everyone's hopes. Before criticizing the malfunctions in DCI's broadcasting equipment, reconsider the fact that they could just not have any of this and keep it so you need to travel thousands of miles to see these shows.

Before criticizing me consider the fact that people have traveled hundreds of miles to a movie theater to see the broadcast and didn't get to see it. As I said, it's still experimental so don't get your hopes up.

I realize DCI is doing their best and I think it's great. Over the years the kinks will get worked out so chill out Gil. But if you can't travel to Madison, don't travel hundreds of miles to your nearest broadcast theater expecting to see the show because you might not.

Haha, I didn't realize people were traveling so far for a movie theater. If you are traveling hundreds of miles to go see the broadcast-- do be wary. But I was under the impression that there were movie theaters spread out to most parts of the country so people wouldn't need to travel such great distances. I mean, there are four movie theaters playing it within 45 minutes of my from my house, and it's not like Virginia is big Drum Corps country.

Haha, I didn't realize people were traveling so far for a movie theater. If you are traveling hundreds of miles to go see the broadcast-- do be wary. But I was under the impression that there were movie theaters spread out to most parts of the country so people wouldn't need to travel such great distances. I mean, there are four movie theaters playing it within 45 minutes of my from my house, and it's not like Virginia is big Drum Corps country.

Last year my closest theater was 154 miles away. The next closest was 229 miles away. This year it's only 51 :-)

Last year my closest theater was 154 miles away. The next closest was 229 miles away. This year it's only 51 :-)

Sorry but all this is not New.

Way back in the Stone Age when the ENTIRE top 12 with the FULL field show for each was shown. Big "Olympic Stye Retreat, and Scores and all "LIVE" on PBS stations. (Un-like the InfoMercial that is delayed and shown later as just clips of groups and all kinds of god knows what today).

BUT , anyway. I drove 50 miles. to a place that was going to show the Broadcast. When I arrived, I checked out the Room and TV, to make sure things would be Perfect. Motel Nice. Price good. Room Nice. TV got the channel PERFECT.

THEN, the PBS station I was watching DROPPED the Broadcast to show the Pennsylvania State legislature who was about to vote on a new BUDGET. :ph34r: I go to see 10th,11th,& 12th place Corps on the field. My wife and I packed up the car at 11; pm, and went home.

Ask to speak with the theater manager. They will usually accomadate requests to increase the volume.