Quarterfinals lineup announced

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Mandarins should have lead the cinnecast, being they have beaten Southwind both times they have seen them.

I would have to totally agree with that.

DCI needs to take a look at this one !!

<**>

Eh, but remember that placements are affected by the average scores from the previous week. If the corps hasn't done a show in long enough to affect their average, then there isn't necessarily the guarantee that Corps A will beat Corps B again like they did before.

This is actually why I like this format better than what they did previously. In the past, they did the averages of the four major regionals (Indianapolis, Murfreesboro, San Antonio, Allentown). But the current system somewhat rewards the progression a corps can make over the course of the season, as opposed to one or two scores from early to mid-season negatively impacting them.

It's not perfect, of course, but I think it's an improvement.

Edited by pags

Eh, but remember that placements are affected by the average scores from the previous week. If the corps hasn't done a show in long enough to affect their average, then there isn't necessarily the guarantee that Corps A will beat Corps B again like they did before.

This is actually why I like this format better than what they did previously. In the past, they did the averages of the four major regionals (Indianapolis, Murfreesboro, San Antonio, Allentown). But the current system somewhat rewards the progression a corps can make over the course of the season, as opposed to one or two scores from early to mid-season negatively impacting them.

It's not perfect, of course, but I think it's an improvement.

Mandarins scored a 78.7 last night and Southwinds last score was a 76 I think if they beat them twice in head to head + progressed what else can be considered?

Mandarins scored a 78.7 last night and Southwinds last score was a 76 I think if they beat them twice in head to head + progressed what else can be considered?

Something else.

Current Division I rankings as determined by the average scores from July 30 to Aug. 5.

That is all that is taken into consideration. We're not talking about a drum corps equivalent of the "BCS formula" here. The criteria is clear and I'm sure all the corps knew what it would be before tour. Mandarins may beat Southwind, but they did not generate a score average high enough to be seeded ahead of them for Quarterfinals. Perhaps they should have gone to more shows. This is only bad for people who want to see the Cinecast. People going to Quarters, Semis, and Finals will see Mandarins twice (if they come in 17th on Thursday) and only see Southwind once. That's all that likely matters to the corps and its members as well.

Just draw the order out of a hat. I'm telling you. Doesn't have to be on short notice. Do it a week before. But shake things up to keep the judges honest.

If the judges are so dishonest do you really think changing the order will have any effect at all?

They are going to know how corps are placing either way.

Also, I would be ###### if one of the top 5 wasn't on the cinecast because of the luck of the draw.

Thanks for it! :)

rimshotTerrance