DCI is moving to Indy

I don't think that going there permanently is a good idea. I believe that a significant percentage of those who go to finals include it as part of a holiday...whether it be a long weekend or a 2-weeker. While there will likely be a bump in attendance the first year, it is my unsolicited opinion that it wont hold up under prolonged exposure. How long will it take people to exhaust the tourism potential of Indianapolis and central Indiana?

Maybe doing it every second year in Indy and going somewhere else in the alternate years would be a good idea...as long as "somewhere else" doesn't include Orlando, Jackson, Birmingham or Foxboro.

Edited by fholin

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see Lucas Oil in worldstadiums.com.

It's under construction.

Going to replace RCA dome.

It's all well and good to go to regionals, but then, you still don't get to see top quality finals performances! Not to mention the fact that the west coast gets Phantom Regiment once in awhile. I have not seen Cavies, the Cadets or a bunch of other corps out here. I am super excited to go to finals next year, since I can afford to go because of it being here in California. But come on. 10 years is a REALLY long time. <**> Sucks for the fans that don't get a chance to see all the big dogs under one roof...

This is exciting news, but I'm no too sure I like the idea of Finals being in the same place for 10 years in a row.

LAME.

I liked how finals were in a different place every year... kept it interesting... Not so much now...

Not a big fan of this move...

Edited by SCVsopAaron

This is NOT an official DCA posting, but a personal one.

I am thrilled with this development. The positives outweigh the negatives 10 to 1. I see this as an excellent decision by a DCI organization that wants not only to preserve its continuation, but prosper. Indianapolis is a perfect fit, a city that's quite a bit different than it was just a decade ago.

Congratulations, DCI! You've given me a reason to spend another few days in The Circle City for something other than the 500.

This is exciting news, but I'm no too sure I like the idea of Finals being in the same place for 10 years in a row.

I think this is pretty much everyone's thought. It's not the location, but the length of time in one place. Now if Indy only had some fun entertainment areas, similar to a Cedar Point.