49 members have voted

1. 1. Which corps has the more demanding brass book

• Blue Devils
    • Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
  2. 2. Which do you think gets preference in the Brass caption today

• Demand of the book
    • Quality of sound

Call it my biased opinion but Cadets have the hardest book out there this year. Put all the theatrics aside and you'll notice there are alot of notes, a lot of intricate parts, timing challenges and just a demanding musical book in general. I think once you all get the cd and really listen to it you'll hear. However challenging doesn't mean it is being performed to the best it can be but...... there is a lot there musically. So I wouldn't count them out far the most demanding book. Anyways out of these corps I'm amazed that Phantom gets the sound that they do while running jazz running most of their show. So my vote goes to them. Cavies are more entertaining visually than musically and I would play that DVD for everyone of my friends that I would want to introduce to drum corps. However I would not play the CD for them. Still it's and amazingly designed show. All in all I think it has been a good year for DCI and similar to 2000 the top six are really somthing to talk about this year.

Phantom, hands down.

Nobody else at the top has anywhere near that much demand in terms of articulation.