SCV's PIT?

Actually, no one has played with mics at Camp Randall have they? How was BK in the theatre? Balance issues? Boston?

No rimshot,

Mike

They were definitely not over-amped live and in person. It must have been a cinecast mic placement/mixing problem. Just FYI. B)

Whew! Good to hear, because I didn't really enjoy the "pit feature" Santa Clara Vanguard last night. The pit was about...10 times louder than the musicians on the field! b**bs

I looked at the Season Pass video this morning - sounds like they've completely taken out the trumpet part in their opener where the trumpets are in a diagonal line and the mellophones are rotating a circle up the line. :( That was my favorite trumpet part in their show! At Pacific Procession (and on their preseason CD) the trumpets are in a round playing triplet runs upward (bah-dat-dat-dah-dat-dat-dah-dat-dat-dah-dat-dat-dat...repeats)

Nate DOGG!

Mike Stevens, Me, and Chris Chapman were "CRINGING". That xylo player was amazing though!!! It was soooooooooooooooo mic'd. Probably a speaker to microphone for the cinicast thing. there were a couple other corps that were just slightly overmic'd too. whadda think of Jim Casella and the Cavies?? I thought Phantom deserved to win. The pit at PR is jammin!

Shawny Shawn

The next question is can they move the pit and speakers back a bit or something. If they don't their DVD quality could really suffer as well.

I love this show and would hate it if the DVD quality was bad because of the pit.

I dunno, it may have been too much amp on SCV's pit, but I'm wondering if there was a problem with the overhead boom mike level dropping out. It seemed Bluecoats brass sound started out weak, too, then the level rose about 1/3 through their show. Could it have been a technical error in the production?

IMO, SCV's pit wasn't the only one with a balance problem. And I didn't see an abundance of "concert technique" in the higher dynamic parts of the shows. They're still banging away on the keys, and the amps just add to it.

Garry

I dunno, it may have been too much amp on SCV's pit, but I'm wondering if there was a problem with the overhead boom mike level dropping out. It seemed Bluecoats brass sound started out weak, too, then the level rose about 1/3 through their show. Could it have been a technical error in the production?

IMO, SCV's pit wasn't the only one with a balance problem. And I didn't see an abundance of "concert technique" in the higher dynamic parts of the shows. They're still banging away on the keys, and the amps just add to it.

Garry

I noticed that as well, SCV's pit was hugely loud, and then I noticed that BC's brass line seemed a bit weak, that could possibly be the issue.