wow...

Sorry if there is a thread open about this but...wow.

I watched a little on season pass...and I hope they can make the jump to Div 1 soon.

Just hope it's not too soon. I want these guys to stick around a loooong time.

They're no longer a West Coast secret.

Good.

The Academy rocks. Now everybody knows it.

it be great to see another strong corps in DI of course but its smart to to build a history of success and strength in the program. Esperanza went DI in only 5 years and no bash on them, but the peaked. I think if they stayed in DII and developed a strong program they would have been able to keep their momentum from their championship year going. Cap reg. Manarins, bluestars have a successful history in DII/III and can capitolize on their previous experiance to continue to move foward. Yeah Academy is good. but build on the strong foundation a few more years to develop a long term program. not just a flash in the pan that soon folds or fall off to the bottom of the pack.

and a small observation. of the recent corps to move to DI since say 2000 the most succesful corps were those who havent claimed the DII title. Cap Reg, Bluestars, Manderins, Cascades. very succesful the last few years making semis the most competative since like the early 90's and they never won a title in DII

Edited by EuphCub

Knowing Academy's staff, along with their history, I think their long-term plans (as well as what they've done in the past) has set them up quite differently from Esperanza...

While I do agree that Esperanza jumped too early into the D-I pool, Academy's development and approach (they were together for a few years before even taking the field in competition) has them in good position to make the jump...

However, maybe another year in D-II would, indeed, set them up a little better with the judging community. I would have no qualms, however, if they did jump next year.

You don't know what you're talking about Marc. Go find a doll you can dance with :P

hehhehheh B)