Madison Scouts Alumni Project!

Hey Doug!

Since I haven't seen you in awhile, it's good to see you on the receiving end of some abuse for a change!

Wish I could have been there for the show - the clips I've seen are awesome!

You need to get back into the biz, sir! Hope you and the family are well!

Pat Byrne

Thanks Pat It was a rush (the Show not the bunch) I am going to try and stop by MBA rehersal next Weds where is it at? Take care

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Pat It was a rush (the Show not the bunch) I am going to try and stop by MBA rehersal next Weds where is it at? Take care

No worries on the after effects their brother! You've already got a great family which it was a pleasure to meet them all! I have to say, if you couldn't already figure it out that I was never really a "fan" of your wiggle butt trademark, BUT I am so glad you came on board to do the staff & DM thing! It was like old times again for a short time...

Btw, shhhh but I might be stowing away with Stewy & Keggar on Sunday to check out the Sr. corps show up in the TC area!

Pearsony

Those that have seen the Madison Alumni Project know how wunderful the show was and all the memories they brought back from yester year.

I would like to know how the members of the MAP felt during the show and after they had left the field.

After all, for some of those guys it's been 50 years since they had a crowd react the way they did on Saturday.

So come on boys how did it REALLY feel ????

And thanks again ! :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

I cried after watching it online. I watch our performance everynight before I go to bed and get choked up. This was the best time of my life. I thank the organizers of the Alumni "Project", all my brothers who participated, and last but not least, my father who I got to share the field with. Love you had and MYNWA!!!

ALL I CAN SAY IS ORGASMIC :worthy::worthy:

I cried after watching it online. I watch our performance everynight before I go to bed and get choked up. This was the best time of my life. I thank the organizers of the Alumni "Project", all my brothers who participated, and last but not least, my father who I got to share the field with. Love you had and MYNWA!!!

It was very cool to see father and son on the same practice field... casually passing by each other as we reset sets. I could only imagine how cool that must have been.

We actually had a few father/son teams out there... and several brother teams out there. I think the Spilde's had the most with what...3 or 4? Heck, I couldn't keep'em all straight.

But Mike Stone... here he is in the photo below showing everyone his abs... is a MONSTER snare drummer. Absolutely insane hands. One of those dude's you just watch play and you kind of say to yourself "holy crap... I suck!" I remember showing up for this project and hearing him playing. I was like: "uh-oh... I'm screwed." He was one of the younger guys in the project, having only aged out in 2000. You can catch him on You-Tube as well... playing an awesome Madison street beat. It was an honor to be in the project with him...and all those guys. RIGHT SIDE!!!

100_0067.jpg

I orignaly posted this as it's own topic but I thought I would paste it in here as well.

TO, J. HUNDT, B. HUNDT and DONNY HUNDT. From your Biological Brother, Steven Hundt. I'll try to make this short. Speaking for Greg and myself we thought that last week was one of best times that us five brothers ever spent together. Which is kind of a downer considering how OLD you three are, LOL, thats a JOKE if Donny didn't get it.

When you three marched from the mid. 70's to 1985 I must have been to over 100 shows and each time you guys marched onto the field I had a chill run down my spine, and even at 10 years old I knew it would be a great show. When the show was over and you men would march off the field and sing "THAT SONG" that we all know, I thought the Scouts and my brothers were the greatest. Then you and the rest of the Scouts would talk about how proud you were to be a BROTHER in the Madison Scouts. Well at 10 going on 11 years old I thought it was just a bunch of young men going through the motions and saying you were all Brothers. WAS I EVER WRONG !!!! When I saw my three brothers and the rest of the alumni Scouts march onto the field once again that CHILL that has been gone once again froze my spine. When I saw you three "NOT SO OLD MEN" put on a show that brought the the stadium to it's feet at least ten times, I was never more proud to say that my brothers are on that field. When your masterful performance was over, I was almost embaresed that I had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat, which wasn't from the shots of "YAGER" I had. Then Greg and myself went to the Stadium Bar to wait for you three and that's when I realy got it. You and the rest of the Alumni were beeming so bright I think I had to put on my sun glasses at 1:AM. When the bar replayed your show and not a single person wasn't watching and I saw 40-50 and 60 year old men hugging and in an emotional state "I FINALY UNDERSTOOD WHAT BEING A SCOUTS BROTHER WAS". Though, I will never say this to you three in person (I'm a cop, I have to act tough) I was so proud to say you three are my brothers and you and the rest of the alumni put together a moment I WILL NEVER FORGET.

Well that's enough of the heart string talking. No Homicides in Milwaukee tonight, just five shootings so I could make it home early to send this.

I know DONNY doesn't read this stuff so if you, BOB or the guy who still owes me money for tickets (J.H) let him know how proud Greg and I are of you three and the rest of your BROTHER MADISON SCOUTS. I love you guys, BUT, IF YOU EVER BRING THIS E-MAIL UP TO ME I WILL DENYY I EVER WROTE IT.

OH, GO #17, KENSETH WINS IN Michigan !!!!

Love always, Steven

And any spelling errors are the fault of being awake at 5:30 AM

Edited by CSIMAN

NEW $$$$. I think SAL, did a great job with the corps in the past few years. But, We all saw what is the Madison Scouts when you men brought down the city of Madison with what a TRUE Madison Scouts show IS !!!! I'm ready to give $$ and give some more $$. All I ask is a director who can bring back some old, "NO, SOME REAL MADISON SCOUTS" flare back to the Madison FLEURDELI ! The reunion MEN showed the board what the Scouts are, now please show us that you can put a staff in place that will honor what the MEN (BROTHERS) of the Madison Scouts are and always will be. I know if the board puts a good staff in place, then money form the alumni and myself will come in faster than you can count. I saw many Alumni friday and saturday night who will open up the pocket books if the Scouts gives them a reason to wright that check.

:worthy: and just when I thought the storm was calming down...

You're a good man, CSIMAN... ^OO^ you can make that check out to: Geno Garrett c/o DCP Insane Asylum ... I'll get it. :P :P

b**bs How much $$ should I make the check out to you ? If i't's over $ 1,000,000 I have to deliver it myself, in a metal box with a chain around my waist.