Madison Scouts Alumni Project!

Wow, by all accounts this will be considered one of the great moments in Drum Corps history.

Congratulations guys!!! You've made a former Scout well-up with pride.

Just a few open questions to any of the participants:

1. How the frig. did you pull this off??

2. Who wrote to musical scores? The Drill?

3. Did anyone get "bunched" in the process?

4. Please tell me there will be a DVD of the performance released at some point. I've only been able to catch a grainy video posted on Youtube.com. Any ideas when and where the public will be able to buy a DVD?

5. It sounds like there were a boatload of guys in the alumni project with whom I marched. Is there a list of participants?

Thanks for any replies,

Ron Minter

2nd Sop. 1976--1979

Minter, I was specifically looking for you and Greg Hebl and Kenny Miller (our Kenny Miller not the one who just aged out) so I could have seen what kind of humans you little rascals turned out to be!! Lots of guys from your era were in the MSARP.

Dan Scerpella

Heres the roster:

http://fastlanecpu.com/reunion/roster/roster.htm

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, by all accounts this will be considered one of the great moments in Drum Corps history.

Congratulations guys!!! You've made a former Scout well-up with pride.

Just a few open questions to any of the participants:

1. How the frig. did you pull this off??

2. Who wrote to musical scores? The Drill?

3. Did anyone get "bunched" in the process?

4. Please tell me there will be a DVD of the performance released at some point. I've only been able to catch a grainy video posted on Youtube.com. Any ideas when and where the public will be able to buy a DVD?

5. It sounds like there were a boatload of guys in the alumni project with whom I marched. Is there a list of participants?

Thanks for any replies,

Ron Minter

2nd Sop. 1976--1979

Hey Minter! You and your brother should get online to the site and "add your info"! We still need to add a bunch of the alumni names from the past!!!

Scott Pearson

Dan,

Thanks for the link- lots of names I recognized.

(Too bad guys like Perry Smith and Jay Beckman didn't make it).

Who played the Baritone Solo for Malaguena? -Dave Ranthom?

I saw Ken and Greg a few times after the three of us hung it up in '79 (tough year).

Don't know about Ken now but Greg is a pharmacist in Portage, WI. I got an MD and have been working in Boston for about 10 years.

Scott,

Had no idea you stayed in for so many years and then instructed. That's hardcore commitment. I'll add my info to the alumni website and ask my brother to do the same.

Thanks again guys for making us proud!

-Any news on DVD's of the show?

Ron Minter

Who played the Baritone Solo for Malaguena? -Dave Ranthom?

David Ramthun and his younger brother Mark played a duet, and it was incredible! (But I'm not biased in the least!)

Dan,

I saw Ken and Greg a few times after the three of us hung it up in '79 (tough year).

Don't know about Ken now but Greg is a pharmacist in Portage, WI. I got an MD and have been working in Boston for about 10 years.

Ron Minter

Yeah Hebl and Miller will forever live on in infamy in my mind as the little French Horn twerps who named me "Frackpella"!! Oh the irony! grrrrrrrrrrr And that nickname stuck darn it!

Those that have seen the Madison Alumni Project know how wunderful the show was and all the memories they brought back from yester year.

I would like to know how the members of the MAP felt during the show and after they had left the field.

After all, for some of those guys it's been 50 years since they had a crowd react the way they did on Saturday.

So come on boys how did it REALLY feel ????

And thanks again ! :blink::wacko::lol::blink::wacko::lol::blink::wacko::lol::worthy:

Thank you

Those that have seen the Madison Alumni Project know how wunderful the show was and all the memories they brought back from yester year.

I would like to know how the members of the MAP felt during the show and after they had left the field.

After all, for some of those guys it's been 50 years since they had a crowd react the way they did on Saturday.

So come on boys how did it REALLY feel ????

And thanks again ! :blink::wacko::lol::blink::wacko::lol::blink::wacko::lol::worthy:

Scott,

Had no idea you stayed in for so many years and then instructed. That's hardcore commitment. I'll add my info to the alumni website and ask my brother to do the same.

Thanks again guys for making us proud!

Ron Minter

They're asking alumni to add their names to the website, regardless of whether they were in MSARP or not?

They're asking alumni to add their names to the website, regardless of whether they were in MSARP or not?

Yes! All alumni should be added to our historical database! I had my hands on CH Beebe's master list of members from 38-62... I personally added all names to the roster. I've also had some rosters from select years after, but I know there are quite a few missing names out there and old information for others...