Live from the pressbox! DCI FINALS

I'm an idiot. Is there some trick to get video streaming to work? There is no obvious link on the Season Pass website. Yes I did sign up for it.

-kg

No stream for finals :(

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Marine sop solo. Makes me want to reenlist. Is Pappy Boyington still in?

DM Chief Warrant Officer Brian Dix, Ssgt Mike Stanley, Ssgt. Garber (?), a Phantom Regiment snare ageout, from Verona, VA, Ssgt. David Warner et al. are doing a fine job, proceeding on after a long announced tribute by Mr. Potter...Gotta run. The tempo is picking up and I do like fast 'n loud...in tune.

As we wait for Div II/III grand finale to begin, I'm wondering if the Academy folks looked over at Pacific Crest and used them as a model of conservatism in the business plan. Just thinking out loud...

Not really. The people who started Academy are former drum corps members and parents. They thought long and hard about how to make it work, but more about how to make it work in Arizona.

They started fund raising long before the first rehearsal for any of their ensembles. Color guard and percussion competed in local circuits, and there was a brass ensemble as well. They did a combined standstill in 2001 at the show in Ahwatukee (South Phoenix, next to Chandler), but they never wavered from their plan to not field a corps until 2004. So, they established a very solid foundation to build upon and maintain the long-term health of the corps.

I think their model will far outstrip the PC model in the coming years.

Garry

PS Going to work soon. Everyone have fun tonight!

Edited by CrunchyTenor

An earlier post reported that there won't be a stream this evening .... given that ESPN 'owns' the video rights to today's events.

We'll do our best to keep you up to date .....

Son of a.....

I just spent $39 for nothing. That's what I get for making an impulse decsion. Wonder if I can get my money back.

-kg

Son of a.....

I just spent $39 for nothing. That's what I get for making an impulse decsion. Wonder if I can get my money back.

-kg

Well you can always watch them from last night and download other videos if you want. :)

Edited by Lancerlady

Son of a.....

-kg

NOT AT ALL ..... there's quite a bit of great content in the library from this season that you have access to. I think DCI has done a great job of leveraging the technology and has improved a great deal this year.

Son of a.....

-kg

Well, you could watch 2 1/2 minute clips from yesterday or stream some APDs, or you could stream any finals DCI audio.

Personally, Tuesday's and yesterday's streams made the $39 worth it for me, although I am very disappointed with there not being a finals stream. They could at least stream audio/commentary.

Patriotic is wonderful. Folks who truly know me don't have to have that explained. The USMC went off on a fantastic jazz motif. The soprano duet was right on, even better than Arnold, MD, at the DCA contest won by the Hurcs over the CorpsVets July 29.

The USMC, of course, went right back to patriotism! The Madison Scouts Alumni honor guard, my third viewing this week, marched out as the Marines wrapped up a company front lap-eraser of "Stars 'n Stripes." With a slightly unusual, but perfectly legit, centering of the American flag, the many other flags dipped left and right to honor the colors.

DM CWO Dix led the rousing National Anthem and energetically encouraged us to sing along. It was one of the finest patriotic moments in my entire life as the fan$ got into singing. Even here in the press box, I was drowned out by the fine voices of Thu Powell, Renegades pit, and JohnD.

I stood as the Marines marched themselves off to their Fight Song, "The Halls of Montezuma," "The Marine Corps Hymn."

Gotta run. Brandt Crocker is taking over. That means the Spirit is upon us here in Madison on about the finest weather for drum corps I've ever experienced. After "The Bug Show," Glassmen's June 1996 contest, the 3 storms in Arnold, Md, 102 degrees during the day before the CorpsVets' DCA Rockmart DCA Soutn Championships, etc., it's about time to have a clear sky, cool, comfy Perfect night for DCI action.

Ol' Man River's about to steamboat. Lindsey Murphy will wow us with "My Momma Done Told Me."

Ciao!