1. 1. How Much would you Pay?

• $100+
    • $75 - $99
    • $50 - $74
    • $25 - $49
    • $10 - $24
    • up to $10.00
    • I wouldn't pay

Heck yeah I would pay for it, up to $50! I have a high def projector on a 200" screen! That would be SWEET! (everyones invited!)

During Tornado season ?? I'll stay north of the 49th paralell thanks !!!

Hey that just makes it all the more exciting, DCI/ Storm Party!

I would be willing to pay $100. AS some have said, you could have people over and have them help to split the cost. I would guess that DCI would get something close to 200,000 homes, maybe more.

I realize this would be expensive, if possible, but everyone has to make some money, and the cable companies are not going to make that easy. In order to provide the service that fans want, they will have to pay big time. However, $100 is really not that much when you think about it.

Unless you live just an hour or so from Finals, you would have to consider the cost of travel to finals, housing, food, tickets, and the money you would spend on souvies and such. For those who must work or simply have other commitments, this becomes a real nice alternate, and the cost can be shared with some friends.

The other thing is that DCI would also have to keep the price somewhat high because not only do they have to pay the cable company, but they would lose sales on DVDs and CDs due to people taping the broadcast. All things considered, they could make up for that with such a telecast. I don't know what CD and DVD sales are like, so I can't answer that.

The Cinecast has been a real treat and a real success for DCI. And this has helped us fans to bring our students and friends to the cinema for some drum corps on a big screen. Including a FInals PPV Telecast would give us even more opportunity to bring friends and family to our homes for a party and some good drum corps.

At the moment, however, I suspect that with our viewership and with what DCI could guarantee the cable companies, prices for such a broadcast would likely be in the $150 range.

I agree, I don't think the idea is plausible.

DCI doesn't have anywhere close to the "pull" of WWE. It's still a niche activity, at least when it comes to actually paying for it.

They mentioned 20k attendees at the cinecast -- at $18. That's $360k gross, maybe half that net? I'm not sure how revenue breaksdown, nor do I know the production costs.

I'd guess a $50 price could be supported by most, but I think 100k buys would be overly optimistic. If all 400k from the ESPN2 broadcast watched and, let's say, average 5 viewers per house, that's 80k buys at best assuming most buyers host parties around the event. So that's $400k gross, or maybe half that net. They're ahead by $20k versus quarterfinals. The bigger issue is whether a PPV provider finds these numbers sufficiently appealing, especially for a 5+ hour broadcast. Probably not when compared to a decent boxing match or WWE event.

But, even if they do, DVD sales then dry up because people will just burn the telecast. How many DVD's are presently sold? And people who might attend championships from greater distances maybe choose to sit out occasionally....say 1000 folks?

The point is, we're probably not at a point where this is feasible yet but we're getting closer.

I was dodging the feasibility issues when I posted this poll.

All I am interested in is finding out what people would be willing to pay then pass that along to DCI.

Let them do with it what they will.

If DCI charged 100 dollars for Finals....even people that feel that price is too steep would still pay for it....and they would split the cost among friends. DCI parties across America. It could happen. Anything more than 100 would start scaring people away.

If DCI charged 100 dollars for Finals....even people that feel that price is too steep would still pay for it....and they would split the cost among friends. DCI parties across America. It could happen. Anything more than 100 would start scaring people away.

I still think $50ish is about right, but I would pay $100 and throw a party if that was the only option.