Tonight, Everybody Won!

Everyone was awesome this season, and there was some real competition all year long. As much as we tried to guess what was going to happen score wise, I am not sure any of could have predicted what a great season this would be.

The Cavaliers continue to be a class act on and off of the field, and I salute Jeff and the kids on a job well done!

That said, congrats to all of the kids. From those of us who have marched before you, welcome to a very special family. Relish the memories and moments of this season, and know that the moments you spent on the field, the work you put into perfecting your show, and the friends you have made along the way, will touch you for the rest of your lives in ways that you can't comprehend.

You are now are brothers and sisters, for better or worse, on the field and in life. And though we may not always agree, one thing is for certain, there will always be a place in our hearts for all of you.

Congratulations, and thank you for representing those of us who came before you with honor and dignity. We are all proud of you!

Bravo!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone was awesome this season, and there was some real competition all year long. As much as we tried to guess what was going to happen score wise, I am not sure any of could have predicted what a great season this would be.

The Cavaliers continue to be a class act on and off of the field, and I salute Jeff and the kids on a job well done!

That said, congrats to all of the kids. From those of us who have marched before you, welcome to a very special family. Relish the memories and moments of this season, and know that the moments you spent on the field, the work you put into perfecting your show, and the friends you have made along the way, will touch you for the rest of your lives in ways that you can't comprehend.

You are now are brothers and sisters, for better or worse, on the field and in life. And though we may not always agree, one thing is for certain, there will always be a place in our hearts for all of you.

Congratulations, and thank you for representing those of us who came before you with honor and dignity. We are all proud of you!

Bravo!

No, they didn't all win. The Cavaliers won. There was a competition. There were scores.There were winners and there were also rans. To say " all were winners " though a laudable gesture and meant to soothe the feelings of those who were in the also ran Corps diminishes what the Champion accomplished. I'd agree with you wholeheartedly that there were no losers who participated in summer Drum Corps, and I appreciate all that they have given, and if they left it all on the field in competition that should be reward enough. But there was only one " winner ".

No, they didn't all win. The Cavaliers won. There was a competition. There were scores.There were winners and there were also rans. To say " all were winners " though a laudable gesture and meant to soothe the feelings of those who were in the also ran Corps diminishes what the Champion accomplished. I'd agree with you wholeheartedly that there were no losers who participated in summer Drum Corps, and I appreciate all that they have given, and if they left it all on the field in competition that should be reward enough. But there was only one " winner ".

First of all.....

Not nice

Second of all.....

According to your logic, there were actually three winners. (Think about it)

You couldn't be more right, and more wrong, all in the same response. But that's your problem, not mine.

Also ran corps? And does it really deminish what the Champion accomplished... for without those other corps, there would be no Champion.

You are an ###, and it shows in your post. There were several thousand kids that marched, played, sweat, and put there heart and souls into there work this season, and they are all CHAMPIONS.

Sometimes I really hate people...

I do see your point. There were in fact " 3 winners ". I stand corrected.

Not really.

Ruining a great sentiment by taking a big crap on every corps except the winners, despite their effort and hard work - they don't need it, neither do most of us...

Go away.

You couldn't be more right, and more wrong, all in the same response. But that's your problem, not mine.

Also ran corps? And does it really deminish what the Champion accomplished... for without those other corps, there would be no Champion.

You are an ###, and it shows in your post. There were several thousand kids that marched, played, sweat, and put there heart and souls into there work this season, and they are all CHAMPIONS.

. There was nothing in my post attacking you personally. I simply disagreed with your comments in a non name calling way. And explained why everybody is not a winner. You chose to attack me personally and call me a profane name. So be it. But to resort to profanity in attacking a poster makes you a loser in my book. But it's no big deal to me.