Carolina Crown

We do really respect the Star people at Crown. I always feel like I have something in common with you guys. Every time we have a Star vet or someone sit in the circle or watch a practice I just feel this vibe that we both understand each other and what the corps is about.

I just had to add that this is one of the best threads I have read in a while. It's not because I was in Crown either, it's moreso because DCP for me has normally been such a bashing place, and this thread is all about the crowd reaction and not even so much about the score. It's not really about how we all wanted Crown to be higher, it's more on the lines of "this is what drum corps is all about". The ovation was the highlight of my summer. I had a rough summer, but I will leave the details, and that experience was just a fantasy to me until it came true.

I can't wait until the finals DVD to see that again. If they even choose to put it on.

I also have that picture I took of the crowd, but unfortunately it was a disposable camera and pretty bad quality. But it's still magical, and even though you can't see the crowd, just looking at it gives me chills because it puts me right back in the moment.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something should be done to improve the percussion score if Crown expects to progress into the rankings. The rest of the show was amazing. GO GUARD!!!

Edited by euphguy

I'm watching the DCI/ Indianapolis press conference video, and Carolina Crown is providing a human backdrop for the speeches on the field. Did they really perform that afternoon in Indianapolis, and then have to race out to Madison for finals week??? Ugh.

I'm watching the DCI/ Indianapolis press conference video, and Carolina Crown is providing a human backdrop for the speeches on the field. Did they really perform that afternoon in Indianapolis, and then have to race out to Madison for finals week??? Ugh.

Haha yeahp we did the press conference in the RCA dome the Tuesday of finals week and went to Madison that night. We got a great rehearsal day in the dome out of it though. It was great for the corps from both a press and a rehearsal prospective. And the locker rooms there are pretty sweet.

And to answer your question about Medworth, Medea, he had worked as a volunteer viz staffer a little bit in '05 and was asked to become a fulltime viz team member for the '06 season. Bob Medworth being Bob Medworth replied that if the corps was aiming to win then he would do it. So he was there all tour this year and was great; he's a great motivater and instructor. Ralph Stewart was also new to the visual team this year and was generally the guy in the box for visual rehearsals, and he also had a lot to do with the visual improvement this year.

When I was at DCI in the theater on Thursday, I was soo mad when their score was announced. Carolina Crown should have cracked the 90-pt. mark. I was also surprised Blue Knights (which their show was hard to follow) finished ahead of them. But anyway, their show was the best I've ever seen from them. Although I'm a Cadet fan, I've really enjoyed Carolina Crown and watching them perform since 2003 (Bell-isimo). They always play great music. The brass and color guard were just awesome this year!!. That's the best I saw their color guard perform this year; they get better and better each year. Keep doing what you love doing and good things will come your way. Wishing you nothing but the best next year!!!

:) ^OO^

I think BK was #### close to Crown, and I really could say, since Atlanta, they could have gone either way. BK was good this year, and I'm really not suprized that they beat Crown.

~>conner

Well, if you were at finals when the placements were announced, most people in the stands would strongly disagree with you. Except for percussion, Crown had the "goods" and they delivered. And, while the crowd does not judge any show, the crowd reaction after each performace (BK and Crown) was like night and day. That's not an opinion - it's just a fact of what happened. Judges are human and as such, they make mistakes. They made one here. Oh well, not even the judges can take away the crowd's enjoyment of Crown's extremely well designed and performed show. But, that's water under the bridge. But, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the judges getting booed out of the stadium. "Priceless."

Congratulations to your Phantom Regiment.

I love Carolina Crown.

~>conner

i am slowly but surely becoming a huge fan of the product carolina crown is putting on the field every season. never thought i'd say that i guess but they keep drawing me in. :)

And as the podcast 'On the Fifty' stated several weeks ago, "If I was 19 I'd have my butt in SC so fast just to audition for Crown!" Best advice for anyone who wants to be a part of creative genius!!!

I agree, and it's about the highest compliment I can give. If I were a kid again, and had to pick a corps to audition with based on what was on the field this year, I'd pick Crown in a heartbeat. It was a phenomenal show. You truly earned the ovation you got on Saturday night.

crownSnare0506, and other Crown members, congrats on a fantastic year. It sounds from your comments on this thread like you've got a really solid staff that has a clear picture of the product they want to put on the field each season. Give it a couple of years, and I'm sure they will both figure out how to get the corps executing at the very highest levels, and how to get the judges more bought in to what they're trying to do.

The season was great, I learned so much from the entire percussion staff, im sure Crownsnare can agree, we busted our butts all summer and loved every minute of it. well not every one but you know. It was a great experience and I dont care what the numbers say, we had a great year.