Was There a Worse Year for Entertaiment Value

If there was a worse year than this one I don't think I can remember.................yes there were some highs but overall it was absolutely horrible...........are we trying to bring new fans into the fold or are we just happy to keep losing support..........this is no reflection on the performers they worked as hard as ever ..............but the direction of the staffs is abominable.........especially when it comes to value for the dollars fans spend............

Like, oh my god, you are sooo right. I mean, like, I spent money on two tickets to Indy and out of all the corps I saw, like, I only liked, I dunno, Cavaliers, Cadets, Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Crown, Scouts, Glassmen, Crossmen, Colts, Capital Regiment, and Magic. I totally spent money on Battle Creek tickets too, 'cause y'know, maybe I'd like those shows better and stuff. Like oh my god, the only corps with halfway decent shows were Blue Devils, Phantom, Bluecoats, Crown, Scouts, Glassmen, Spirit, Colts, Capital Regiment, and Magic. What was up with that? Then I paid even more money to see if the corps I missed didn't suck horrible, and the only shows I bought worth the money were Esperanza, Blue Knights, SCV, and Mandarins. So I'm like oh my god this sucks, and yet I still wasted even more money to watch quarterfinals, cause i dunno, maybe visual makes it better, y'know? But like no way, the only shows I liked were allll the shows I've mentioned for far. OMG, i could die, i totally swear. :o

</sarcasm> :worthy:

Seriously. 2006 kicked a lot of ###. I bought the full Div I DVD, so that I could still watch Crossmen, Colts, Capital Regiment and Esperanza. Only one corps in finals didn't really grab me, and the top six this year is one of the best ever. Feel the way you want, I'm not going to say you have to be entertained - but to claim that the staff, designers, and directors aren't trying to entertain crowds is irresponsible.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh - I guess it's a matter of taste

I thought it was a GREAT year for entertainment - one of the best ever!

I am in total agreement with you George. I still need to get my CD's and listen to tehm a few times to make my final judgement. But I think this year just might top 84 as my new all time favorite year.

(DANG! those Blue Knights were sweet!).

Amen! I can't wait for the DVD's, I feel like I missed so much in the theater broadcast.

Wow - I don't know what you were watching, either. This was a great year for drum corps up and down the line.

I was entertained by all 23 Division I corps plus many, many Division II & III corps, the Madison Alumni and the Marines. (Even Minnesota Brass was sounding pretty good in the DCI Marketplace.)

There was a lot of competition throughout the season and there was a lot of depth - it is getting increasingly hard just to make Semifinals, let alone Finals.

Maybe you need to try a different approach - there is a lot to like if you just look.

I was watching the 2006 DCI Championships from section HH. And I think can think of more entertaining shows in just the past 5 years (let alone since say, mid 80's) from nearly every single corps that I saw (in top 17). Since we're talking about entertainment value and NOT execution, obviously it gets down to taste, so no one is ever going to agree on this.

I think kids are missing the good old days when marching timpani were there and made everyone go gaga. Before the shows we had welding torches and welded our own horns before going out in the snow and freezing our buts off at finals in August. Our guard didn't get givin no 7 ft bamboo poles, we had to go out in the wild and chop em down ourselves to get flagpoles. Then when those #### two valves came around it ruined the activity!!! Now kids only perform in front of packed stadiums with the best equipment, #### that must suck!!! oh yeah i am just kidding. b**bs

In all reality if you can't find what's going on out on the field entertaining then stop watching and posting. <**> Go take your me, me, whine, whine attitude elsewhere. Dang those Cavaliers for being boring (kidding, incredible show), they should have come up into the stands and played fffffff Bbs for 80 seconds consecutive while circular breathing!!!

Wes Perkins

Like, oh my god, you are sooo right. I mean, like, I spent money on two tickets to Indy and out of all the corps I saw, like, I only liked, I dunno, Cavaliers, Cadets, Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Crown, Scouts, Glassmen, Crossmen, Colts, Capital Regiment, and Magic. I totally spent money on Battle Creek tickets too, 'cause y'know, maybe I'd like those shows better and stuff. Like oh my god, the only corps with halfway decent shows were Blue Devils, Phantom, Bluecoats, Crown, Scouts, Glassmen, Spirit, Colts, Capital Regiment, and Magic. What was up with that? Then I paid even more money to see if the corps I missed didn't suck horrible, and the only shows I bought worth the money were Esperanza, Blue Knights, SCV, and Mandarins. So I'm like oh my god this sucks, and yet I still wasted even more money to watch quarterfinals, cause i dunno, maybe visual makes it better, y'know? But like no way, the only shows I liked were allll the shows I've mentioned for far. OMG, i could die, i totally swear. :o

</sarcasm> :worthy:

Seriously. 2006 kicked a lot of ###. I bought the full Div I DVD, so that I could still watch Crossmen, Colts, Capital Regiment and Esperanza. Only one corps in finals didn't really grab me, and the top six this year is one of the best ever. Feel the way you want, I'm not going to say you have to be entertained - but to claim that the staff, designers, and directors aren't trying to entertain crowds is irresponsible.

:worthy:

Seriously, I laughed so hard when I read this that I nearly threw up....nicely done

I have to say that I thought this year was one of my favorites in very recent history. I thought most of the corps whose shows I saw performed well and entertained well. I was a pleased fan.

Seriously, I laughed so hard when I read this that I nearly threw up....

Dude, maybe you should get that checked...