Madison's Offseason

Any Guesses?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What are the Scouts going to do in the offseason...

• Fire EVERYONE including the director
    • Fire Guard Staff
    • Hire New Visual Staff that will be able to clean their drill
    • Change Uniforms
    • Can Michael Cesario
    • New Visual Designer

In 1990, Madison Scouts also placed 9th at the DCI World Championships. Two years later they had moved up to 5th, stayed in the top six for two years and then hit 4th in 1995 with a show 2.9 points from the winning score.

they were 9th in 90 but they didnt try to play a show like madisonic super forces, they stayed with there image and played remebrance wich is an awesome tune, i dont care if they place 12th, as long as they stay in finals and put on a show that will make the fans go crazy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why this has to be the death of the visual staff. Madison was a young corps this year and younger corps suffer visually. I really liked the drill and thought it was a great program. IMO they should attempt to retain as much as possible, staff and member wise.

The staff just needs to pick a show concept that fits with the music. The whole "primal forces" idea just didn't match the music they used this year, IMO.

What do they need to do: Come out and BLOW OUR FACES OFF!!! I don't care where Madison places as long as they let the horns and drums loose! Weneed some old school Madison with a modern touch. There has to be a way to get a little of both?

Myron: I love you man, you are a genious... but leave the SCV drill back in No Cal.

What do they need to do: Come out and BLOW OUR FACES OFF!!! I don't care where Madison places as long as they let the horns and drums loose! Weneed some old school Madison with a modern touch. There has to be a way to get a little of both?

Myron: I love you man, you are a genious... but leave the SCV drill back in No Cal.

I agree. Let the Scouts be who they've always been, just refine a bit.

I think they're trying to hard. <**> They want to distance themselves from Scott Stewart's "old school" style Scouts and yet they know that's what the fans want. Just let the boys play with some balls!!!

As an alum of this corps, I am very disappointed with the direction its leadership is taking it. I would like to see a new director with a vision for how to bring the Madison style into the 21st century and not someone who is trying to redefine what the Madison style is.

As far as the visual designer, I love Myron. He is a great designer. He just didn't design a program that was achieveable by these kids. Fire him? I don't know. But certainly write a program they can achieve!

Color guard? whew ... this is a problem. I don't know if its the staff or the members but somehow we need the right mix of guys involved. I liked some of the things the guard did, but it wasn't very "Madison" and it wasn't very clean. Again, all part of the administrations attempt to redefine what the madison style is.

Drum staff? KEEP 'EM. Great people and a great product.

Just my $0.02

[

Color guard? whew ... this is a problem. I don't know if its the staff or the members but somehow we need the right mix of guys involved. I liked some of the things the guard did, but it wasn't very "Madison" and it wasn't very clean. Again, all part of the administrations attempt to redefine what the madison style is.

Drum staff? KEEP 'EM. Great people and a great product.

Just my $0.02

Madison should always be Madison.........yes change and update continually ............but play to your strengths...............funny how Scott Stewart...........was chastised because he didn't let Madison stray too far from their roots.........judges and WGI despised him because he refused to bastardize a great product , a proud tradition and an entertaining package...............it has been a painful transition...........something like changing Sinatra into Liberace in two years..............and it isn't the performers fault there was some real talent there...........................

Jusding by their history the past few years, I think the only thing on your poll that's almost 100% certain is changing the uniform.

Just let the boys play with some balls!!!

Uh, maybe you could rephrase that? :laugh::blink::blink: