March TROOPERS in 2007!

Ditto that.

Without the Troopers help, our project wouldn't have happened! Thank you for the use of your brass instruments!

I wish you would accept over-age members! (oh and not move around too much) ;)

Best wishes in 07' to one of my all-time favorite corps!

Pearsony

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I witnessed puzzlement, hurt and disbelief within corps that the Combine founders/leaders purposefully excluded from their self-serving oh-so-exclusive closed club without offering one word of public explanation or apology to the other 500-plus corps which then existed.

That statement IS a lie,...if you witnessed it, as you say, you chose to see only what you wanted.

I not only "witnessed" it, but was a part of it, and you should preface your statements as "opinions", and not fact.

Fact,...."I am not a Nazi, never was"

Done feeding the troll.

Anyone who's never heard of the Troopers is either VERY new to the activity or has been living in a cave for an awful long time. A bit like someone suggesting that most people never heard of the New York Yankees or the Dallas Cowboys. Incredible!

They haven't made finals in 20 years, you don't have to be that new to not know that much about them. To casual fans that just go to a show or two a year, it's possible that they don't even realize that the Troopers used to be a powerhouse. They haven't really been one in the DCI era

Thank you to our friends and fans for thinking of us, wishing us a speedy and healthy return and supporting us with your t-shirt purchases and donations. We've been through some rough times, but brighter days do lie ahead.

We ARE moving forward with our recruiting efforts for the 2007 season. We encourage all (sorry, those under the DCI age rule) who are interested in finding out more about our next season to visit our website (http://www.troopersdrumcorps.org). We are currently accepting online applications and will be making some VERY exciting announcements in the coming weeks. Don't miss any Troopers news, sign up for our online newsletter while you're there!

We do hope you will continue your support in whatever way you can, to see us back the contest fields in 2007. We don't just want you to stand and cheer for our members when they hit the field, we want to earn your trust and respect again.

Thank you to our friends and fans for thinking of us, wishing us a speedy and healthy return and supporting us with your t-shirt purchases and donations. We've been through some rough times, but brighter days do lie ahead.

We ARE moving forward with our recruiting efforts for the 2007 season. We encourage all (sorry, those under the DCI age rule) who are interested in finding out more about our next season to visit our website (http://www.troopersdrumcorps.org). We are currently accepting online applications and will be making some VERY exciting announcements in the coming weeks. Don't miss any Troopers news, sign up for our online newsletter while you're there!

We do hope you will continue your support in whatever way you can, to see us back the contest fields in 2007. We don't just want you to stand and cheer for our members when they hit the field, we want to earn your trust and respect again.

Best of luck! Despite my other posts in the thread, which aren't meant to be negative, just realistic, I'd really love to see you guys come back strong

Is our ol' pal Chuck gonna be writing the brass book? (Or would that still be a secret at this point?)

P.S. Still want to hear Troopers play a show of music by Don Gillis. What could be a more ideal fit?

Fred Morris is working on the staff as we type. When the key positions are secure, we will announce.

(I'd love for us to do some Gilli's works, too) :)

Anybody at finals catch the Trooper salute at Madison during the anthem? Full uniform. We gave him a big ovation!

Someone needs to let the people on the historical board know about this thread...but yeah, the Troopers are kind of a corps-corps of sorts. Regardless of how competetive they were, they had a certain air that drum corps needs. I remmember watching their 02 quarters show, and thought it was a tragedy that more people couldn't see what I thought was a great show.

I remember watching their 02 quarters show, and thought it was a tragedy that more people couldn't see what I thought was a great show.

Exactly - for years now, when I've picked my shows for the summer, I always picked a show that the Troopers would be at. A summer without them just felt incomplete. That once meant driving from Chicago to Denver, and another time a bus broke down and they didn't get to LaPorte (though their souvie wagon did). The only reason I ever went to Finals week as early as Quarters (very tight budget) was to make sure I got to see The Troopers.

They were getting ovations as recently as last year that met, if not surpassed the powerhouses that followed.

Best of luck next year folks - realistically, you'll likely not make Finals, but I hope you give, oh, say, the Blue Stars a run for it! :P