WAKE UP!

Last year in Kalamazoo, our housing was a middle school. Across the parking lot was the high school that the Scouts were housed.

We're a small corps, so we slept in the band and choir rooms to leave the gym open for rehearsal space. Someone turned on the TV and started flipping channels...

We found the security tape feed from the high school gym. Some of the girls sat and watched the Scouts on their down time for a bit.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first day we were in Denver for finals in 04 after about 5 minutes this lady came out of her house with a megaphone and started cussing out the visual staff because he was talking to loud and she had to sleep. We hadn't even started playing yet. She asked when we would be done and our visual capton head responded, "Three days." That did not make her happy one bit. A lengthy argument ensued and that was the last we heard of the lady. I'm sure she was happy when we started ensamble. :P

I remember once having eggs thrown at the pit during a camp in 02....some trailer trash guy didn't like how loud we were. So we decided to do some "exercises" on all the impact drums at 18" stick heights.

I heard SCV lost that one ;-)

you heard wrong... It was definately a tie

Ah good ol' drum corps pranks! Bring back some good memories! My rookie year on the Cymbal line we woke up in the middle of the night with our tech after we had purchased about 4 rolls of duct tape. We then proceded to create duct tape "nets" and then taped down a few random people in the corps. I remember we got one of our guard captains, a baritone, and even our DM!! The best part was none of them woke up until the next morning and discovered that they couldn't move! Good times!

I do have one question about the PC wake up. So we see the hornline sneaking into the gym, and then at the very end we see two bass drummers. ??? What were they doing with the hornline!?!? They are traitors to the drumline! haha it was still funny though

[quote name='basscreaturetwo' date='Aug 16 2006, 11:53 AM' post='1542655'

I do have one question about the PC wake up. So we see the hornline sneaking into the gym, and then at the very end we see two bass drummers. ??? What were they doing with the hornline!?!? They are traitors to the drumline! haha it was still funny though

Appears that horn players borrowed/stole the bass drums, for two reasons:

(1) The stuff they played in the gym was just random noise -- not the MUSIC that percussionists make.

(2) No drummer would ever turn on his battery mates like that.

I heard SCV lost that one ;-)

There are no losers when running and fighting and Phantom's guard and SCV's guard and pillows are involved. None.