Blue Knights 06 Fans

Dudes, I don't post here often, so I'm trying to avoid being controversial as much as possible.

To me, the Blue Knights aimed their show to nobody else but 10 judges. I felt the show to be boring and unentertaining from the upper deck. But then again, I have a drum corps liking that the Blue Knights have NEVER been able to cater to. The Bluecoats have had their years, Boston had a year or two, Crown has over the past 3 years; but BK just hasn't ever done it for me. I like to read threads like this to see WHY people enjoyed the show in hopes of understanding why I'm having such a hard time liking anything they do.

And I'm one who hates it when the crowd does not applaud loudly for a corps, almost as if the corps' sole purpose is to simply receive simple courtesy from the fans and strong scores from the judges. But after Crown's placement was announced, BK got just that treatment from the audience. And as a corps alumn, I know how it feels to not get the crowd to enjoy my show as much as other corps.

Anyway, that's all I have. I'm open to any discussion on this as I'm trying not to come to this thread and be controversial.

I can honestly empathize to why you think that. I thought it was one of the least audience accessible shows I have seen in years. I could still be right) But I gave it a chance and I actually like it now. I had the exact same feeling about the Glassmen's show in 2001. I hated it the 3 times I saw it live, began to like it on review of the DVD's. Give it another chance come DVD time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's not for everbody, but it's also not for the judges and nobody else. I know this because I'm not a judge. :lol:

But seriously, thanks for the sincere post, and I hope they get you someday, or that you get them, or whatever. It strikes me as very sad that anybody could sincerely dislike every single show a corps has ever put out.

Absolutely. I hope they get me as well. I want nothing but the greatest success for all these students and staffers, but I do admit that I love to pay to see these corps perform to their best and entertain me as much as possible. And you all are right about them performing to people who dig their style. I imagine some people don't understand me liking some of the corps I do, so it definitely is a simple fact that no corps can please the entire masses. I'd like to give them another chance as I just don't believe bias is enjoyable at a show.

Wow, I can't believe we actually had civilized conversation after one poster tells the others a corps was unentertaining. We'll have to do this again sometime. :)

Edited by SteelPanz

Wow, I can't believe we actually had civilized conversation after one poster tells the others a corps was unentertaining. We'll have to do this again sometime. :)

We don't need to pick a fight... we just know that BK's evil spirits will exact their revenge on you in the middle of the night... ^0^

Plus, there's no reason that BK has to be dark. They choose to go that way, it works for them, and it's expected. And yet, a good portion of the creative team was behind the really good Troopers shows in the 90s.

They know what they want to present, and they're constantly refining their style. I can not wait for next summer.

Wow, I can't believe we actually had civilized conversation after one poster tells the others a corps was unentertaining. We'll have to do this again sometime.

Well I guess that's what happens when you choose to take time to actually compose an argument...rather than just ranting and caps lock...

you're my new hero

I thought they were extremely clean - obviously their scores reflect that but unless you are REALLY into the musical selections they were just boring!

I can honestly empathize to why you think that. I thought it was one of the least audience accessible shows I have seen in years. I could still be right) But I gave it a chance and I actually like it now. I had the exact same feeling about the Glassmen's show in 2001. I hated it the 3 times I saw it live, began to like it on review of the DVD's. Give it another chance come DVD time.

I agree that our show this year was the "least audience accessible," but onething i came to realize over the course of this summer was that we never really stopped for anything in the show. I can also see that the show is definately not for everyone, but it really takes a few times watching the show to, first of all see everything that goes on visually/musically, and second of all to actually understand. i never once performed it for the crowd anyway, it was all for me and let me tell you that it was the best summer ive ever had. The show even took me sometime in the beginning to truly fall in love with, it was the most physically and mentally demanding show ive ever done...I was in love with that show, every single part.

Im not here to try and sway anyones point of view on the show, just wanted to come here and give my views and thank everyone for the comments

Current BK Member

...unless you are REALLY into the musical selections they were just boring!

Well, that's a pretty broad statement. It can be said about pretty much anyone...

Phantom - "...unless you are really into Classical they were just boring."

Cadets 2004 - "...unless you are really into Jethro Tull they were just boring."

Bluecoats 1991 - "...unless you are really into Jazzophonic they were just boring."

Well, that's a pretty broad statement. It can be said about pretty much anyone...

Phantom - "...unless you are really into Classical they were just boring."

Cadets 2004 - "...unless you are really into Jethro Tull they were just boring."

Bluecoats 1991 - "...unless you are really into Jazzophonic they were just boring."

Well said.