Any news of staff changes for 2007?

So basically, for most of Saturday you were confirming the rumor that was posted on DCP earlier in the week (and of course promptly closed) stating that Vivace Productions, INC.! (http://www.vivaceproductions.com) is looking to acquire the Crossmen- perhaps to be announced at the next Crossmen Alumni meeting?

Well, no... don't think it's happening this year.

Talked to another source tonight and they said the rumors about Virginia and Vivace are just that... rumors.

Only thing they did confirm were some staff editions, which we will probably hear about at the Sept meeting.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's recap so far. It sounds like big changes at both Crossmen and Scouts. Some changes for Pioneer and Cadets. By reading the various segments it appears Esperanza and Cap Regiment had tough summers and have some big changes or perhaps no longer being involved, Some questions on what is happening out in the Norhwest and probably a new percussion staff for Crown.

In addition we know Pat Seidling has left Regiment and Sal Salas has left Scouts. Marc Syvester is no longer coordinator at cadets. Anyone have any additional changes or know the final situation with any of these?

Rumors may seem like lot of fun, but unsubstantiated rumors can also do harm. This is a critical time for all drum corps. Prospective members are considering where to go. If their decision is influenced by a rumor and that rumor is wrong or even incomplete, harm has been done. I believe it is a disservice to the activity for individuals on this board to post unsubstantiated rumors, especially when they don't name their source for verification. I applaud DCP staff for closing such posts.

Rumors may seem like lot of fun, but unsubstantiated rumors can also do harm. This is a critical time for all drum corps. Prospective members are considering where to go. If their decision is influenced by a rumor and that rumor is wrong or even incomplete, harm has been done. I believe it is a disservice to the activity for individuals on this board to post unsubstantiated rumors, especially when they don't name their source for verification. I applaud DCP staff for closing such posts.

Thanks for keeping it at the top of the viewables. All that are listed have had substanciation from people involved or common knowledge.

Whether Bones move to Virginia, West Chester or stay w/YEA! it really shouldn't matter to the members. They are still the Crossmen wherever they end up. Scott L. isn't going anyplace either way.

Their traditions will never go away; their spirit will never fade. Their blood will always run Crossmen RED!

I have heard from a few people that some of Glassmen's front office is growing impatient with Brian Hickman. They love him as a director, but they really want to get back the competive [sic] edge they had back in the early 2000s. Rumor has it that this next season is a big one for him.

I'm not sure what you mean by "front office" ... but as Board President I can tell you that we are very pleased with Mr. Hickman. We are solidly behind his leadership; including his educational philosophy, vision, ethics, selection of staff, etc. The quality of experience that 135 young women and men, support staff and instructional staff receive with the GLASSMEN is, in no small part, directly influenced by our Executive Director. There is no "impatience" at the Board level. We are thankful for his 10 years of service with the Corps and wish for many, many more to follow.

Every season is a "big one" for him (and the Board), but as far as determining his future with the GLASSMEN, that is nothing more than, as you say, "rumor." May I add ... UNFOUNDED at that.

The advancement of such a rumor may call the poster's character, motive, and/or maturity into question, but certainly NOT Mr. Hickman's employment.

Jimmy Steele, brass caption head at Crossmen, marched and taught at Empire Statesmen in the 90s.

As a member of Empire 97 and 98 I became very good friends with Jimmy Steele. My wife and I along with Jimmy and his girlfriend drove to every show together. We have been the closest of friends ever since. So I for one can tell you that Drum Corps to him was, and is a 7 day a week commitment.

During the 90's Jimmy played mellaphone and soprano with Empire ( where he won 4? DCA World Championships) as well as DCA soloist awards. He was also the Brass caption head of Empire in 97,98, and 99 where they won many brass awards competing against some of the best horn lines in DCA history. At this time Jim was also teaching the Medina marching band and they were very succesful during his reign there as well. Then Jimmy took the Brass job with Spirit and helped them back into the top 12 of DCI.

So for people to say that Crossmen doesn't have much more experienced instructors than the Bucs guy doesn't know what they are talking about.

And anyone who has marched in Senior Corps can tell you, We approach Senior Corps with the same intensity and desire and commitment we did when we were still doing Junior Corps.

Please don't comment about the activity (DCA) unless you have lived it and experienced it. And if your experience was that of a less than slightly intense marching band, then you were in the wrong Corps.

Paul McBride